Bought Defective iPhone @ ATT. Where to get replacement?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GreenFrog, Aug 22, 2008.

1. GreenFrog macrumors member

So I got my iPhone 3g from an ATT outlet in a mall about 2-3 days ago, and after reading up, I noticed my phone has the infamous 'light leak' on the left side.

Now, if I want to get a replacement, what are my options? Will I be able to get replacements at ANY ATT/Apple store?

I'm asking this because there are no local apple stores where I live and I will be going back to college in a few days. Back at school, there's an easily accessible apple store. Question is, will they replace an iPhone I bought at ATT near my home?

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

It's within 30 days. Exchange it at the AT&T store where you bought it.

After 30 days you'll need to go through Apple.

3. GreenFrog thread starter macrumors member

Preferably, I would like to go through the apple store near my college. The thing is, I heard that if you got your iPhone from ATT, they don't give you brand new replacements; instead, the give you refurbs.

Is this true?

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yup, take it to the Apple Store immediately and they should exchange on the spot... Most, if not all current replacements are new. You would probably get one from the new replacement supply. I took my box and accessories, they checked my cellphone number and gave me a brand new one on the spot...