Bought from DSM - watch has fault, what to do?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by darthbane2k, May 27, 2015.

1. darthbane2k macrumors 6502

Bought a watch from DSM (UK) on launch day. Notice a manufacturing defect now (cosmetic) to do with the space grey finish. What do I do? You cant even talk to these people without an appointment, and even then it doesnt guarantee replacement stock?
    Can I take the watch to an apple store? Do they have replacement stock? Will I be waiting months?

Anyone have any experience?

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

3. vandal76 macrumors newbie

Would you mind telling us what the problem was? Is the finish coming off?

4. aristobrat macrumors G5

You can take it to an Apple Store, but the same two caveats apply. 1) You really should have a Genius Bar appointment first (you can make that online), and 2) even that doesn't guarantee replacement stock.

5. darthbane2k thread starter macrumors 6502

In places yes. Specks have simply come off - dont expect this, even from the sports model.

6. vandal76 macrumors newbie

I had this with my iPhone 5, after a couple of months it looked like s*it. I hope this isn't a repeat of that problem...

7. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

Please provide pics... We're very nosey here! :)

8. wdfly macrumors regular

this. i was planning on getting a 42 space gray sport but i am thinking i'll just keep the 38 sport that my wife doesn't wear and get a black band for it. either that or i'll get a 42 silver sport and get the black band for that.

9. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

It'll be a warranty replacement. It doesn't appear the stores have any stock for replacements yet. It could take up to 2-3 weeks (hopefully not) to get a warranty replacement shipped. If you have AC+, you can get an express replacement (they ship you the new watch first) - that's usually quick.

10. darthbane2k thread starter macrumors 6502

Well as you can imagine, DSM didnt want to know, so I have been directed to apple telephone support. They booked in a genius bar appointement at Regent St on sunday, claimied that despite stock issues, they do have replacement units instore. We will see then. If I do have to wait months for a replcement I am going to ask that I do no return the defective unit until the replacement is actually available.

Cant take photos right now (at work) but imagine tiny dots/specks in random places. There are not that many, but enough to still bug me.

11. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

Don't need to bring any Apple product into the exact merchant you purchased from, as long as it was purchased legally you can bring it to any Apple store for support.

I would go in asap as typically I've seen them honor these type of claims earlier on rather than later (easier to say it is due to use).