Bought from PC World, Leeds

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kevlong, May 28, 2010.

1. kevlong macrumors newbie

Was expecting a queue, but in the end PC World in Beeston opened an hour early at 08:00. Bough a iPad 64GB 3g. Painless, well almost:)

kevlong

2. Pointer macrumors regular

Did they have any accessories in PC world or just the ipads themselves?

3. kevlong thread starter macrumors newbie

Only some pretty dodgy looking cases. I would have liked to have got the camera adapter, but they didn't have that, or any other accessories for that matter. In the end much less stressful than pre-ordering and waiting on a courier!!

PC World, said that they had 60 in stock, so not too many. Maybe I should just list on eBay - I haven't even opened it yet!!!

4. Pointer macrumors regular

Third party cases? Any Belkin Clear Vue cases?

You can't list it on eBay, open it up and use it, it's amazing!

5. kevlong thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't remember, there were a couple of Belkin rubberised cases and one or two leather or vinyl cases.

You are probably right about eBay. I almost go through listing it for the day, but then chickened out.

6. mattyuk macrumors 6502

mattyuk

I went into my local store (Carlisle), and they hadnt even taken any stock. Then onto Currys, none. DSGi talk bollocks.

7. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

Check the pc world website, they have listings of all the stores which are carrying it today

8. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

Welcome to my world of DSG hatred. Have loathed them for years, they are beyond useless. Sorry to hear that they let you down.

9. kevlong thread starter macrumors newbie

..and stocking information was also on the Apple website. Just entered my postcode and it gave me all of my local stores that were going to stock it.

Took a stab at PC World Beeston as the best bet.

10. Ingster macrumors 6502

Ingster

Got my 32gb Wifi only from PC world in Leeds City centre, only bugbears were that no apple accessories were available (only belkin stuff and 1 griffin case) I opted to go for the 49.99 add on pack giving me a slide in case screen protectors and a 3 MiFi, so much problems with this add on pack as it wouldn't go through the till!!! stood like a lemon for 20 mins whilst they got a 'workaround' for this but i've got it and i'm relatively happy, now all i need is the camera connector and apple case and i'm set!

11. synagence macrumors 6502a

Chap selling at the PC World store near me said that their systems (DSG's) didn't get sorted in time and therefore NO accessories were shipped to stores...

They're hoping for them late today or tomorrow...

The store near me said they received 170 iPad's (which ironically isn't on their own list of stores stocking it) and by 8:20 they'd sold about 20% of the stock but there were no lines or anything.

12. kevlong thread starter macrumors newbie

Beeston PC World were fresh off the training course and being closely observed by the store manager. Big push to sell on accessories, (only of couse they really didn't have very much at all), air time providers and setup. Now here's a thing they were offering free setup today, i.e. sync with iTunes, etc. and then were planning on offering this service for over £40!!

Anyway, I eventually opened the box and plugged it in to the Mac. It came on OK, but both the iPad and iTunes complained about the lack of a sim card. It took me a little while to get rid of this message, i.e. I set the iPad to airplane mode, restarted and then pugged in back into the Mac. This time iTunes started properly and let me register the unit at Apple and start to manage my apps and things.

I need to decide on a case/sleeve soon before I scratch the thing and also need to get a sim. I think that I will follow the advice elsewhere on this form and get a Vodafone sim from eBay.

Kevlong