Bought in store but never canceled online order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bodhi395, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Bodhi395 macrumors 6502a

So, yesterday morning I got up early and decided I might as well place an online order for the iPhone through ATT.com instead of waiting around and hoping to pick it up in a store. However, my friend told me yesterday afternoon that the local ATT store had some still in stock, so I went over and managed to get one. Yet, I never canceled my online order for the iPhone, and as of this morning it still is listed as processing.

So, will that order eventually be automatically canceled before it ships since I already got an iphone at a discounted rate at the store, or will I get sent another iPhone?

Also, could they send me the second iPhone and then charge me the non-discounted rate?

2. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Don't you think you should give them all call???? :cool:

3. Bodhi395 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tried calling yesterday and couldn't get through, only got a recorded message saying they have unprecedented call volume and should call back later.

4. swllnvag macrumors member

I would highly recommend canceling the order. I had an order that was placed 6/24 that was never billed to my account, it just sat there and never cleared. I got lucky yesterday and happened to show up at AT&T minutes after they'd received a shipment with only 3 people ahead of me.

I ordered mine through Apple so I just went to my email confirmation and canceled the phone order. I had my new one in hand about 15 minutes later.

5. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

Yes, very much so. They probably will. They're certainly not going to give you two subsidized phones for only 1 contract.

6. Bodhi395 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Finally was able to get though to someone at ATT, after waiting on hold for 30 minutes, and canceled my original order. Once I got through it only took 5 minutes. I still have no idea why ATT doesn't let you simply cancel your order online like most websites, including Apple!