bought iphone 3G in SG, after in-store activation, it's unlock

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by msantoso, Aug 23, 2008.

1. msantoso macrumors member

a friend and my brother in law bought iPhone 3G from Singtel Singapore and after in-store activation, I can put any sim card in his iphone.

my friend tried M1 Singapore and works.

I've tried inserting Telkomsel (Indonesia) and roaming works, voice call and sms

tried Optus Australia and roaming also works, voice and sms

I wonder if actually the iphone is unlocked but only need to bypass the activation process? does pwnagetool do this?

the current version loaded is 2.0.1, if i update this to 2.0.2 i need to activate it again right?

2. jaggunothing macrumors regular

jaggunothing

Singapore sells unlocked version, once unlocked you dont have to reactivate after firmware update, this is what i read.

3. skye macrumors newbie

iphone works for M1, GSM but not for data

Hi,

I just bot an iphone from singtel, it works fine for M1 SIM for phone calls, but its not able to use 3G or GPRS, anyone knows how to get the data settings to work with M1 ?

Thx

4. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

I thought it was Hong Kong that sold unlocked phones. Singapore has them too?

5. ipek macrumors newbie

unlock iphone

I have Iphone bought in singapore and it was unlock. I was using it perfectly in UK since I tried connected to itunes last night.it is locked now. I am so new to iphone. Would you please give some help here. Thank you. It is 3G.

6. Theaser macrumors 6502

Theaser

EU completely bans locked phones, while some countries, its a rule to choose your own phone and carrier seperately or its just popular and its the norm (They don't like contracts.). Unlike our lowly obsolete North American cell phone market model.