Bought Iphone from UK online store,here is what happened

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kokoui, Sep 23, 2010.

1. kokoui macrumors member

I am not located in UK and I do not have a UK card at the moment. I bought an iphone 4 online , pre ordered back in June and a friend of mine that was in UK at that time brought it to me. For billing address of the card I put a UK one, funny the transaction was accepted. I ordered another iphone begining of September using the same methodology, foreign card, uk billing address but this time i used a different card. When I placed the order I received a message from the bank saying that Apple withdraw the money. OK so I was happy again that the transaction went through. After 3-4 days i received an Email from Eurofinance department of apple asking me to call them. I called them and they told me that they required the true billing address of the card. I gave them the address where i am living now. After 1-2 days I received a confirmation mail, 15 days passed and I checked online my bank account and there was no transaction, the money was still there. I spoke with my bank and they told me that apple put on hold the money but after 10 days the money were automatically released but the transaction was confirmed and apple could take the money. I thought that they will take the money when the product was shipped, the product was shipped and delivered a couple of days ago but Apple still didn't take the money. Did i just received a free iphone 4?

2. Lingham macrumors regular

Just ring Apple and ask as they might chase you further down the line for it

Easy in future dont put a fake billing address and you wont have these problems

3. molala macrumors 6502a

It should go through automatically and they will probably take the money within the next few days.

4. Lit Up* macrumors member

don't get in touch with them, you've done nothing wrong. let them do the chasing.

5. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

It'll get taken in a day or two, that's how it went for most orders at launch iirc.

6. darrellishere macrumors 6502

They will definitely take it! Make sure you have the money in otherwise you will go over drawn and get loads of charges. LOL

7. kokoui thread starter macrumors member

Because I do not want them to try and take the money when I do not have credit , i called them. They thought that they took the money, because the lady told me that they do not ship without taking the money. She noted down that I called them and thanked me, she transferred my inquiry to the Credit Card Department

8. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

When I ordered mine last week using my credit card, the money was withdrawn within a few days, leaving me to wait three or four weeks before it even gets shipped. So much demand makes the wait so long! :eek:

9. loukas123 macrumors newbie

Hi kokoui,

Are you from Cyprus? Did you get the phone shipped to CY or to the UK?

I am looking for a way to ship the phone directly to Cyprus, rather than the UK - do you know if this is possible?

Thanks

Loukas

email me directly at oloukas (at) yahoo (dot) com

10. benna macrumors regular

No buddy!! :D The same thing happened to me, i thought for a few days that I got away with it. :D

Apple charges your account the delivery is done and signed. Believe me, they'll take the money. They never make mistakes in Money matter. Even though you see the funds back, they can take your money. They did take mine.