Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LeahRoll

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2010
Hi. I know this sounds ridiculous, but I just want to get this jailbroken, and unlocked iphone 3g back to its original state. This is what Ive done since 11AM this morning:
Bought the phone, and took it to ATT where they gave me a replacement sim.
They could not get the phone to pick up service, so the sales rep told me to come home, restore it from Itunes, and update it to the new Itunes version.
It gave me an error message after downloading the new version, saying to "Check connectivity". THIS IS AFTER 50 mins of download time!!!
Next- I decided to try to restore settings from the phone itself.
So I went to settings, and hit ERASE ALL CONTENT AND SETTINGS

Now, the phone is stuck on the Apple logo and the progress circle, and I cannot get it off, except for when I boot it in SAFE MODE or whatever.
When I do this, it connects to ITUNES:apple: THEN I do the whole download ITUNES thing all over again, and midway thru the phone turns itself off.
When I turn it back on it does this silly reboot thing with the progress circle. Please Help! This is my second Iphone since Mothers Day!

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Too bad you didn’t check here first. It’s not wise to “erase all” after a jailbreak, and I really don’t recommend ever doing it, TTYTT.

You need to get your phone in DFU mode (see my sig). It’s your only choice. If it doesn’t work try again and again. Sometimes it takes many times. And make sure you follow the instructions to the letter for DFU mode. If your screen is not black, you are not in DFU mode.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.