bought Logitech V470 BT. Feels weird..

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sinser, Jan 29, 2009.

1. sinser macrumors 6502a

sinser

So I bought the Logitech, basically because I was tired of the MM being unusable for casual gaming for its infamous scrollwheel issues.
    However this one feels weird to me. Can't even describe why, but I find difficult to position it with precision.

But what's even worse is that it seems to hang often. While using Safari and scrolling the beachball has appeared several times while the mouse becomes unresponsive. Then it starts again.
    Would be glad if someone else could report its experience with this mouse.
    I'm using it together with Apple's wireless keyboard and my wireless network on. With the MM I have never had this issues.

2. sinser thread starter macrumors 6502a

sinser

Nobody using this mouse ? :(

3. sinser thread starter macrumors 6502a

sinser

I hope I won't change my mind on what I'm saying, but I removed the Logitech drives and so far looks like it's working much better now. No beachballs after using it for the whole evening. I'll keep testing it.

4. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

It's funny you should post this - i just did a search for V470 to see if anyone else was having the same issue i was - I can't stand this mouse. I really feel like I just wasted $40! It's going back on eBay pretty soon. Here's a link to my original response (it's about 9 posts down).

5. sinser thread starter macrumors 6502a

sinser

Before giving up with this mouse, like I was almost ready to do, please try removing the Logitech drivers and using just the Apple ones. As I wrote in the previous post it works much better after doing this.

6. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Yeah I never installed any drivers... I think it's just my mousing surface. I'm using the razer exactmat. The logitech v320 works great on it and so does my vx nano... but not the v470 :mad:

7. gothick macrumors newbie

You're not the only one

I also have this annoying mouse, and yes, if I scroll downwards using the scroll wheel on the top of the mouse, it'll frequently hang whatever program or window I'm scrolling in for several seconds.

Also, if I sync my*Bluetooth phone via iSync, the V470 start lagging and acting all jerky, and I have to reboot the Mac to get it working again!

I think I'm going back to wired mice, and I'm certainly not going to buy Logitech next time.

8. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I hated my V470 as well. Why not try some of their RF based mice? Staying away from bluetooth seems to help stay away from many of the issues. I also really like Microsoft's bluetrack based mice.

9. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

No need to go back to wired mice. RF wireless mice do not equal Bluetooth mice - they work much, much better.

10. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

I have this mouse for my MacBook and haven't had any problems to speak of. It looks like I'm in the minority though. I do agree that RF mice blow away BT mice in terms of performance. I just couldn't afford to lose one of my two USB ports.

11. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I've been sporting the V470 for a few months now and its a solid mouse. Never had a drop connection and it performs like a champ.

I recently purchased a Kensington Slimblade trackball mouse and after a few hours of using it, the trackball goes out on it. Now I'm back to with my V470 and that crappy other mouse is going back.

12. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

Logitech makes some of the best mice in my opinion. I've been using their products for years. However, all of the different mice I have purchased from them have all been either corded or RF wireless. I highly recommend both the VX Revolution and the VX Nano for notebooks, having owned them both and being very satisfied.