Bought MBA From Student Store But Apple Didn't Ask for Credentials

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by El3ctronics, Jul 20, 2011.

1. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

Is it normal for Apple to not ask for proof of student? I don't want my order to get held up b/c I didn't show the necessary info.

2. Duke15 macrumors 6502

Duke15

I asked that in another thread and apparently they dont ask for proof, im planning on using my buddies student number if they do ask

3. axu539 macrumors 6502a

Apple does not check, and I doubt they actually care. The student discounts are more than made up for by the extra volume they can sell.

4. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

If you have a Student ID on you, even if it's from five years ago (or more), and show it to them, 99% of the time they will most likely honor a student discount.

5. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

I did the same. And haven't received a confirmation either. But the order shows it went through on Apple.com

6. cleric macrumors 6502a

cleric

They don't check on the website it just says are you a student click here to pay less! I'll take the student discount to my grave and stack it with the 5% cashback through the Discover online store.

7. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

Be careful if you are ordering online and lie about your student status, they will check your name with the records of the university, and if it is determined that you are not a student, Apple will release a Lion to your house to come and EAT YOU ALIVE!

8. Duke15 macrumors 6502

Duke15

Has anyone used the educational discount before without being a student and had no problems?

9. tbobmccoy macrumors 6502a

tbobmccoy

I have, but I'm a teacher so I still apply for the discount :p

Seriously... Do what you will. It's like Apple's honor policy on prior OS releases: they're not going to check, but are counting on the honor system most of the time. Be responcible adults, mmm Kay?