Bought MBP 15" exactly one month ago...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tclary, Oct 25, 2011.

1. tclary macrumors newbie

Someone told me that Apple will honor a purchase very close to the release of a new product with the most recent release. Well, I bought a MBP 15" exactly one month ago -- prior to the new MBP's. Does anyone know if this is the case, and if so how do I proceed?

Thanks!

2. Lindenhurst macrumors 6502a

SO....you think that Apple should take back your used machine and give you a new one after you have used it for a full month? Not trying to attack you in any way, but can you imagine if they took back every Macbook Pro sold within the last month and gave out new ones? Couldn't stay in business long doing business that way.

If you are past the return period, I think you are stuck with the great machine that you have enjoyed for a month now. Keep enjoying it dude. There isn't enough os a spec bump to get all upset about anyway.

3. dlimes13 macrumors 6502a

dlimes13

4. Minicube macrumors regular

Plus yesterday's updates were very minor. Considering the time it would take to move your data over... Be happy; you have a great Mac.

5. Ramasjang macrumors member

Try and contact Appel.
    They honor up to 30 days when a update is released.

6. thefizzle657 macrumors regular

I've heard of Apple allowing exchanges within 30 days if a new model comes out. Try it, the worst they can do is say no.

7. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

there's no harm in calling them and asking. if they say no, then you still have a beast. if they say yes, you get an even better beast.

8. tclary thread starter macrumors newbie

Um. lol No, Lindenhurst.

I am not in my 20's or 30's and saturated in an attitude of entitlement, nor occupying Wall Street. I'm merely trying to ascertain what Apple's standard operating procedures are. Nothing more.

9. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

I would at least give it a shot if I bought the end 15" but the high end isn't really any different after the update you'd just have saved money getting this new low end compared to the high end.

10. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

Why don't you just pick up the phone and call Apple? The longer you wait the less chance they will exchange it. My experience says that they will.

11. cardinalryan macrumors 6502

cardinalryan

Sometimes I wonder who in the heck people think they are on this board. What is the problem with the guy asking for the updated model just 30 days after purchasing?

Personally, I feel he should be entitled to that upgrade. The idea that Apple doesn't give people some kind of heads up about an updated model when they are throwing down thousands of dollars for their products is a joke.

Further, for Lindenhurst, or anyone else, to insinuate that someone would be wrong to ask this is ludicrous and really almost insulting to the OP.

I would politely ask for the newer model and I am sure you will get it. Any business worth its own weight would do so.

12. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Sorry, buy your logic is flawed! Why would a business tell people that a new model is coming out, it would hurt the sales of the current models! It's the same reason why most retailers don't announce sales in advance, as they would miss out on full price sales. I work in retail so I know what I'm talking about.

I bought my MBP just over a month ago, and it doesn't bother me in the slightest that they have just updated to the range. The updates are not significant enough for me to really care and I still have a fantastic machine in front of me.

13. Ant.honey macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I just initiated my return today. It's the machine I would have bought had it been available. It's nice that Apple will do it and later will be better for me when it comes time to sell (when the next Mac Pros are released).

14. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

link please?