Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abracadabra

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2009
What should I do? Kinda sucks that the new ones came out. I know there is going to be a restocking fee. Seems like a good enough update in order to do the legwork to get the new one. The lady at the apple store said they wont have any updates on the laptops, I shouldve known. I may take it back, but what happens to my apple care that I purchased? Thanks.

Bengt77

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2002
Europe
As a rule of thumb, when you've just bought a new Mac, Apple is bound to come out with new ones just after you return period has ended. So yes, I'd say in a week (right after WWDC and your return period have both ended) there will indeed be new MacBook Pros.

Haven't been paying attention to the WWDC keynote at all. Have I missed something?

LERsince1991

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
UK
When I bought mine in the UK they said theres no restocking fee or anything of the sort and I have 14 days to return without hassle.

Take it back asap :p

abracadabra

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2009
well I may go ahead and return the laptop and then get my money back. It was an educational purchase at my university. Then just wait for the new ones to come out and get that one. I only bought it 7 days ago today.

Unprocessed1

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2008
well I may go ahead and return the laptop and then get my money back. It was an educational purchase at my university. Then just wait for the new ones to come out and get that one. I only bought it 7 days ago today.

The new ones are cheaper too, so you won't lose much on restocking.

macrumorsMaster

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2008
Understand though, that the new LOW end 15" mbp comes w/integrated graphics, not discrete, like your current one.

abracadabra

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2009
Understand though, that the new LOW end 15" mbp comes w/integrated graphics, not discrete, like your current one.

yeah thats what i was thinking, so im losing graphics performance but im gaining battery life. and a barely better processor with 2 gb more of RAM

eVolcre

macrumors 68000
Jan 7, 2003

What is the difference between discrete and integrated in terms of real world usage?

I currently have a 17" MBP. I'm not a 'pro' but like the screen real estate. I do a lot of research/writing, some light web page development, lots of photo editing (using iphoto) and your normal other every day things. I also do a lot of keynote presentations with transitions etc.

I'd like to venture into light video editing once I buy a HD camcorder and maybe play COD on my laptop.

Would I see the benefit of the discrete graphics?

eV

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.