Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PT123

macrumors member
Original poster
May 19, 2011
To cut a long story short...I bought a MBP last year when I wasn't eligible for student discount. Now I'm enrolled in a program at a university, I have a student number etc so I'm eligible, but I just want to add another 2 years AppleCare.

I know that if I'd bought the MBP as a student it would have been included. Is there a discount now that I'm a student, to add AppleCare to a laptop I bought when I wasn't a student?
:confused:

Edit to mention: I'm in the UK!

Last edited:

gmans46

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2011
yep just buy it on apple.com with education pricing make sure its within a year though.

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
I recently did this. I purchased a Macbook, then later used the edu discount to get AppleCare since we were eligable. No issue, 15% off.

iStudentUK

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2009
London
Great thanks

Yeah, via the education store on Apple's website it is £160 if I recall for the 13".

It may be worth upgrading before you graduate when the time comes- UK students get ~14% off Macs and free 3 year warranty when they buy online. A few of my friends sold their computers and bought new Macs in the last few weeks before they left university!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.