Bought MBP without student discount, adding AppleCare now that I'm eligible?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by PT123, May 29, 2011.

1. PT123, May 29, 2011
    Last edited: May 29, 2011

PT123 macrumors member

To cut a long story short...I bought a MBP last year when I wasn't eligible for student discount. Now I'm enrolled in a program at a university, I have a student number etc so I'm eligible, but I just want to add another 2 years AppleCare.

I know that if I'd bought the MBP as a student it would have been included. Is there a discount now that I'm a student, to add AppleCare to a laptop I bought when I wasn't a student?
    :confused:

Edit to mention: I'm in the UK!

2. gmans46 macrumors regular

yep just buy it on apple.com with education pricing make sure its within a year though.

3. PT123 thread starter macrumors member

I should have mentioned that I'm in the UK...

4. marc11 macrumors 68000

I recently did this. I purchased a Macbook, then later used the edu discount to get AppleCare since we were eligable. No issue, 15% off.

5. PT123 thread starter macrumors member

6. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

Yeah, via the education store on Apple's website it is £160 if I recall for the 13".

It may be worth upgrading before you graduate when the time comes- UK students get ~14% off Macs and free 3 year warranty when they buy online. A few of my friends sold their computers and bought new Macs in the last few weeks before they left university!