Bought movie on iTunes then disappears?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by eddiexhart, Feb 1, 2011.

1. eddiexhart, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2011

eddiexhart macrumors regular

eddiexhart

I've been trying to download a movie from the iTunes App and hit buy then it starts to download. I let it download for a bit then when I check on it, it disappeared! I checked the Videos app to see if it was there and nothing.
    When to go hit the Buy button again and it says that I already bought it but if I want to download anyway, I hit download, and the same thing again!

Help?

2. X2thaP macrumors member

What happens when you do a search for the filename in your iTunes library?
    For example: if the movie you purchased is called 'Aliens', enter 'Aliens' in the searchbox in the top right corner in iTunes.
    This should list your file(s) with this name.

Now there's two options:
    - either it doesn't find the file, in this case I don't have an idea on what to do except from manually checking all you files in iTunes.
    - or it finds the file. In this case do a right-click --> 'show info' to see where it is located and what kind of file it is (Movie, TV Show,...) to have some extra information about the file, you never know.

3. tobasco27 macrumors member

Just checking.....you did wait for the entire movie to be downloaded, right?

The reason I ask is that sometimes it can take up to an hour or so just to download a movie - and if you didn't allow it to fully download, it may not show.

For kicks, try selecting "Check for Available Downloads" in the Store dropdown just to see if that might be the problem.

Worst case, email Apple and they'll get it back for you.