Bought My First Apple...

AaronM58

macrumors member
Original poster
May 22, 2007
Lubbock, TX
So, after months in the making...I finally have my 1st Apple computer. I got the baseline SR MBP with a glossy screen & it is absolutely perfect!! No yellow tint or uneven-ness. I've installed all of the software updates (I was really nervous about doing it) but everything turned out fine. No problems! Ohhh...I also got the new, smaller magsafe! I took pictures of my un-boxing ceremony & I'll post them later on. I just want to say thanks to everyone that answered questions of mine the last few months on here. I really appreciate it!! I can already tell that my M$ won't be getting anymore money from me in the near future. Mr. Jobs has cast a spell on me!!!

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Congrats on the purchase. There's nothing like your first, even if, as you found, you're nervous about it. And while it can be a little awkward, the more you use it the more comfortable you'll be.

If you have any questions, be sure to let us know. We're here to help. Well, and poke a little fun now and then. ;)

droo94

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2007
I agree--thanks for the imagery so early in the morning. I guess that posting to this website is the equivalent of displaying the bloody sheets.
I haven't heard that expression since I was like 14 years old. And I'm 35 now... Probably b/c in America at least there aren't too many cherries left to pop in high school and college. But I digress...

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
Nice pics - thing I like about opening a new laptop is the fact that there isn't a trace of dust on it. I wish it would stay like that!

Yeah, I get the feeling like the author doesn't know the meaning of ... that.

I won't go into detail, but it's highly inappropriate for a message board like this.
Shut up will ya? I like the thread title - it made me smile. Guess there is still some people in this world who will moan about anything they can find.

Gen3tix

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2007
Haha, i actually like the thread title. :p

Congrats! I just got my first Mac on Wednesday and I'm loving it. Pretty much same as yours, just matte.