bought my first digital SLR

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by tekmoe, Jun 14, 2007.

1. tekmoe macrumors 68000

got the nikon d40 w/ 18-55 lens. paid $540 out the door at circuit city.

what a nice camera. now all i need to do is learn how to use it. :p

here is a sample picture i shot earlier today here at the office.

[​IMG]

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. Keebler macrumors 68030

i hope to join this club very soon! :)

did they give you a book or a discount on a book? plenty around. i plan to buy a 'bible' and then test the principles :)

4. djbahdow01 macrumors 6502a

Please use a smaller file size next time. Great first picture, in focus, and sharp. A little underexposed but overall a great practice shot.Congrats on the purchase, wish i could have bought the lens I picked up yesterday for that price. Much more but then again when you buy Pro level stuff you pay pro level prices. (For those interested it was a Nikon 300mm F2.8D II)

As for learning to use it, practice makes perfect. As well, you can also check out dpreview.com there is a couple of forums there that could help you out.

5. tekmoe thread starter macrumors 68000

i know more than enough about "pro level" prices. my dj mixer that i use in my studio was close to a couple of grand. that's not including everything else that is hooked up to it.

6. djbahdow01 macrumors 6502a

I totally understand that as well was looking at Pioneer 1000's (I think, CD turnatables, been a while since ive looked them up) back when I was in college and DJing on the club/party scene. The way I see it for my photo equipment, is I will make it up in the long run. In the end it will help me get the shots I might miss with a shorter reach.

7. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

Some of you guys are supa fickle with your ideas of "idea" exposure.... :rolleyes: :p

8. tekmoe thread starter macrumors 68000

another shot i fired earlier tonight with my car.

[​IMG]