bought my girlfriend a 12" super last night...

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 12, 2005
when i arrived at her house, i made her close her eyes and turn around. then i gave a little speech about how much i love her, and that what i had just bought her should give her many years of joy and excitement. i also made a little comment that it could help her get thru college so she can get a degree and make us rich, and i can become a stay-home dad. then i laughed. heh

i said "ok, turn around and open your eyes!" much to my dismay, she was actually disappointed with me in the fact that i would spend so much on her. she kept saying to take it back but i insisted it was hers to keep. after an hour of debating, she finally came to reason. i asked "are you ready to open it yet?" (i was probably more excited than she was.) "yes," she replied. i opened the box for her, lifted up the "Designed by Apple in California" white label very carefully, pulled out the power supply, and then raised the top of the eggshell carton...low and beholod, the beautiful 12".

we plugged it in, and i let her boot it up.

"dddddoooooooooonnnnnnnnngggggggg". pure ecstasy.

and the rest is history.

glad i got to share that with all of you. i enjoyed it. now if i only had my 15" with me right now... =/

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Two awards here.

1. Dirtiest title of the day award.

2. Most sexually insinuating post of the day.

Congratulations on both the awards and the new 12 inches of pleasure. :p

Comment

Yossarian

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2005
A very romantic tale ;)

On the subject of the DOOOONNNG - its so rubbish on laptops! I had my ibook connected to some external speakers last night and rebooting it didn't produce a DOOOONNNG, it produced a DOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG with a bit of WWWWHHHHUURRRRRRRMMMMMMM thrown in there. A much richer tone. Even the old Powerman 6100 i used at school had a nicer chime.

Comment

Jedda

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2003
Congrats!

When she realises what an amazing thing that is, you'll be popular.

As for the doooooong, I love it when i forget to turn my speakers down after playing my Playstation, and then turn on my mac. I get a sound loud enough, it actually rattles the pictures on my walls.

Comment

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
Jedda said:
Congrats!

When she realises what an amazing thing that is, you'll be popular.

As for the doooooong, I love it when i forget to turn my speakers down after playing my Playstation, and then turn on my mac. I get a sound loud enough, it actually rattles the pictures on my walls.
LOL i've done that - i forgot that it was still connected to my Stereo and turned up REAL LOUD - turned my mac on and DOOONNNG next thing i heard was a scream and a smash , so i rushed next door to find my mrs picking up my Dinner from the floor

funny but i went hungary that night :)

Comment

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 12, 2005
i've been dating this girl for over 3 years.

yes, it is a powerbook. got it at the apple store last night.

Comment

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
tekmoe said:
i've been dating this girl for over 3 years.

yes, it is a powerbook. got it at the apple store last night.
i got my girl a engagement ring at 3 years - it was cheaper then a Powerbook mind BUT the running costs are a nightmare

Comment

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
tekmoe said:
when i arrived at her house, i made her close her eyes and turn around. then i gave a little speech about how much i love her, and that what i had just bought her should give her many years of joy and excitement. ...... i said "ok, turn around and open your eyes!" much to my dismay, she was actually disappointed with me
LOL she was probably expecting you to get down on one knee and present her with a much smaller box after that speech!! ;)

Comment

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
mad jew said:
Two awards here.

1. Dirtiest title of the day award.

2. Most sexually insinuating post of the day.

Congratulations on both the awards and the new 12 inches of pleasure. :p
Turned me on. :eek:

Comment

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
dietcokevanilla said:
LOL she was probably expecting you to get down on one knee and present her with a much smaller box after that speech!! ;)
Seriously!!! I bet that was the "real" reason she was disappointed at first.:p Man, if my bf had gotten my PB for me... oh boy, whew. Yes, let's not go there. Let's just leave it at, I would be very grateful indeed.;)

Comment

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
liketom said:
i got my girl a engagement ring at 3 years - it was cheaper then a Powerbook mind BUT the running costs are a nightmare
Was it really cheaper than a PB? I was under the impression that engagement rings were really up there in price. Hee, or maybe just the ones I eye. :eek:

Comment
L

Lau

devilot76 said:
Was it really cheaper than a PB? I was under the impression that engagement rings were really up there in price.
Depends on one's boyfriend I think. The lovely Elizabeth Duke selection at my local Argos has a fine selection, starting at £12.95.... :eek: :D

Attachments

Comment

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Lau said:
Depends on one's boyfriend I think. The lovely Elizabeth Duke selection at my local Argos has a fine selection, starting at £12.95.... :eek: :D
*blinking in shock* Just to save myself from a heart attack, I will verify-- you are joking, correct?! :eek:

Comment

QCassidy352

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
liketom said:
I got my gf a powermac at 3 years (well, at her birthday, which was near the 3 year mark). Not the best decision I've ever made... :eek:

Comment
L

Lau

devilot76 said:
*blinking in shock* Just to save myself from a heart attack, I will verify-- you are joking, correct?! :eek:
I am sorry to say I'm not. :eek: The Elizabeth Duke selection of jewellery has a fine reputation in the UK for offering a varied, yet competitively priced range of tasteful jewellery. ;) Ask any of the Brits on here. They'll tell you. :D

It also offers more unusual trinkets such as these:

And you can order it all out of a catalogue, and someone collects it out of the warehouse. It's so romantic.... :p

Comment

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Lau said:

Yes, that looks like the one for me. Geeze, she is terrifying! She looks like something to be used for VooDoo or something!

Comment

narco

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2003
California.
tekmoe said:
\"dddddoooooooooonnnnnnnnngggggggg". pure ecstasy.

and the rest is history.

glad i got to share that with all of you. i enjoyed it. now if i only had my 15" with me right now... =/
Jesus Christ, I haven't laughed this hard in ages. The funny thing is, I believe all the sexual innuendoes were all unintentional. But seriously, "dooonnnngggg" -- I have never heard anyone say the chime like that.

Fishes,
narco.

Comment

iDM

macrumors 6502a
Lau said:
I am sorry to say I'm not. :eek: The Elizabeth Duke selection of jewellery has a fine reputation in the UK for offering a varied, yet competitively priced range of tasteful jewellery. ;) Ask any of the Brits on here. They'll tell you. :D

And you can order it all out of a catalogue, and someone collects it out of the warehouse. It's so romantic.... :p
Hilarious

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.