Bought my MBP! 15", MB471LL/A

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by stranger danger, Jul 15, 2009.

1. stranger danger macrumors member

I just bit the bullet and decided to pick up a MacBook Pro before these ones sold out. I'm upgrading from a first-gen white MacBook that I've had for about three years now and I'm totally juiced. It's being shipped to my friend's house for safekeeping while I'm overseas for the next month.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 15.4" MB471LL/A
    2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 6MB L2 Cache
    4GB DDR3 RAM
    320GB Hard Drive, 5400 RPM
    NVIDIA 9400M + 9600M (512MB)
    Removable Li-Polymer Battery
    ExpressCard/34 Slot

$1579 shipped, brand-new :)

Any suggestions on what accessories I should get? I'm in the market for a new case, keyboard cover, and bag.

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Case: Incase Hard Shell
    Keyboard Cover: iTouch Pro Keyboard/Moshii
    Bag: Booq

Price ranges and desires are always good as well, and the search feature.

3. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

Ouch you wont be able to see your new baby for a whole month! Lets hope you friend can keep his paws off a brand new MBP for a month while its just staring at him and you away.

4. dead goon macrumors member

Damn thats cheap, is it a unibody? and where from?

5. lewdvig macrumors 65816

That's a huge step up from what you had before.

Better feed that 9600m GT some games. :)

6. stranger danger thread starter macrumors member

Unibody :) MacConnection.com!
    http://www.macconnection.com/IPA/Shop/Product/Detail.htm?sku=8254443

I was in contact with their customer support before buying it. They had 60 units on Monday and told me it had been moving fast (I've been following a few on eBay, same model and all and two sellers sold out at the same $1579 price tag but they were also with 8% Bing cashback) so I got it the moment I had a chance to. As of Tuesday they had 49 in stock. It's now Thursday night and the site does list them as "In Stock" so if you want one, I'd get it now

Definitely! I'm already planning on getting Left 4 Dead (booting Windows). I love zombies, and have been absolutely dying to play it. Probably COD4 as well. Any others? I've quit World of Warcraft so that's out of the question :)

Wondering: Does virtualizing it via Fusion affect framerate and whatnot? I hate the hassle of using Boot Camp to start and re-start my computer.

Also, I'm looking at the Moshi iVisor Anti-Glare film for the MBP ($38 @ MyGearStore) as well as an iSkin keyboard cover (the one I currently have ripped in half from an accident) and I don't want a ripped one for my *new* Mac and most likely the Speck Satin case in Black. Will most likely upgrade the hard drive to 500GB before doing anything else as well!

7. stranger danger thread starter macrumors member

Definitely will do :) Any other games you'd recommend?

8. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Unreal Tournament 3.

9. Freyqq macrumors 68040

far cry 2 or fallout 3 :)
    you'd need bootcamp though if that's a problem