Bought new 3G S, first time with AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hedpetcd, Jul 19, 2009.

1. hedpetcd macrumors newbie

I just bought a 3GS through AT&T.com. I have never used AT&T before. When my iPhone comes in the mail will it already have my new number set up on the phone or will I have to call to activate and pick a number? Or how does all that work with iPhone/AT&T

2. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

here are the instructions (listen carefully, takes notes if needed)

1. plug into itunes
    2. follow on screen instructions

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yup, pretty simple process, especially if you are getting a new number. Porting a number is a different thing, some have had problems porting their numbers. Welcome to MR...:cool::cool::cool:

4. hedpetcd thread starter macrumors newbie

Simple as that? I've had horrible T-Mobile for the past 3 years and hoping AT&T blows them out of the water. No calling at all? Plug in, iTunes will provide number and activate? If so, well done AT&T.

5. hedpetcd thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats really good news. I debated on keeping my old number but figured it would be a hassle and to be honest there are just some people I don't want having my number anymore so this purposes the perfect opportunity for me to get it out of there hands.

Thank you for the welcoming.

6. hedpetcd thread starter macrumors newbie

Phone ordered from AT&T

Ordered my 3GS today, Monday, July 19th. Shipment said 7-14 business days until I got it in the mail. How long did it take for everyone to receive there 3GS? I hope it doesn't take this long, I'm already impatient enough as it is.

7. QuadCoreDad macrumors member

Congrats! You should plug it in to your mac/pc then follow the instructions