Bought new Iphone 2g that is Jailbroken, need some help.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ibetheelmo, Oct 11, 2010.

1. ibetheelmo macrumors newbie

So I've had At&t for a while. I have a Samsung Impression and we have a family plan of unlimited text and web.
    I FINALLY bought a Iphone but it's a 2g. Don't mind that. It's jailbroken; which i LOVE.
    Now, I know I'll have to pay like an extra 15$ a month or something to use internet on the iphone. But my question is...how do i get all this activated and stuff? Just put in my simcard and wait? or what? Also, how do I make sure I keep it Jailbroken while adding apps and such?
    Also...where can apps be found?
    Thanks guys. :D

2. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

You could always arrange your plan and stuff through an ATT rep. Also, if you put your sim in the phone and make a call or two ATT will notice you're using an iphone, and text you about signing up for a data plan. If you do nothing, I believed you get enrolled automatically.

Do you mean iPhone 3G (which was the 2nd gen) or just original iPhone (Edge only)?

3. ibetheelmo thread starter macrumors newbie

It's the 8gb Iphone 2g. Like the second one lol.
    Basically. What is the easiest way and best way to get it the most current jailbreak state, set up for the 15$ extra dataplan thing, and have fun?
    Edit: Easiest way to put this is. I have Itunes 10. An Iphone. And some downloaded apps (off piratebay) How do I activate my plan on the phone, and be at the most current cfw to put the apps on there (as well as how on that too.)

4. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Best way to go is to just put your AT&T sim card in the iPhone and start using it. AT&T will detect that it is an iPhone and automatically add the $19.99 data + 200 SMS plan for you.

You can always call AT&T also once you put the sim in the phone. It takes just a few minutes but I would just start using the phone.

5. ibetheelmo thread starter macrumors newbie

200 texts a month? As I said, we have an unlimited texting plan. i just need the Data on there...

6. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Your best thing to do would be to call AT&T and have then change it over the phone. The data plan will still cost $19.99.

7. ibetheelmo thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay. Another issue for ya...I did a factory reset thing or whatever...and it froze at the apple logo.

8. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I bet you selected the reset all settings option. Next time, just restore it in iTunes.

Follow the steps on THIS page and it will get you going.

9. ibetheelmo thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, got that all set up, and phone updated to 3.1.3 now...how do I get it back to jailbroken for my apps?

10. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

http://spiritjb.com/

That's all you need.

11. ibetheelmo thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow! That was...absurdly easy.

12. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Glad you got it. Have fun.

13. ibetheelmo thread starter macrumors newbie

Shoot.
    So I tried synking some of the apps I had and it gave me a 0xE8008001 error...

14. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

What apps are these?

15. ibetheelmo thread starter macrumors newbie

Any. These are apps that weren't gotten off Itunes store though. Like Cod Zombies that I got from undisclosed location...;D.

16. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I can't help you with cracked apps. Against the forum rules.