Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

holmesar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2015
For anyone interested I went to my local Wal-Mart and purchased the Iphone 6s and it could not of been any easier. They will sell you the phone at full retail and all I did when I got home was pop my cricket sim in new phone and it works flawlessly.

Reactions: MadManDan

Qbnkelt

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2015
Mid-Atlantic
Did they have all models, storage options, and colours? That would make it a lot more convenient for people who don't want or are unable to trek to an Apple Store for an unlocked device.

Reactions: Eileen89

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
This is certainly true in my area. Even the four Apple stores have them readily available.

I get the feeling from what the Apple employees are not saying, that sales are soft.
They broke records again, did they not? I think it's more stock being available this time.

Reactions: newsman787

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
They broke records again, did they not? I think it's more stock being available this time.
Earlier they did. Only recently have they caught up with demand. It's just speculation anyway since there's no way to know till financials are reported. Apple is doing just fine either way.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
Earlier they did. Only recently have they caught up with demand. It's just speculation anyway since there's no way to know till financials are reported. Apple is doing just fine either way.
Oh they are doing just fine for sure. I saw the 6S available for preorder a day and half after they went live. Usually it's on back order an hour after thru go live. Not sure if it's the case or not, but rumors suggest the 6S production was much higher this year, but Apple was still having trouble with production of the 6S+. I really don't know, but like you said. Apple isn't hurting.

koulmj

Suspended
Mar 18, 2013
If they ask you to activate the phone at walmart say no! walk across the street and ask a Verizon Rep to do it, or go call Verizon from another phone, Wal-Mart(in my area anyway) had to call in the activation and it took almost 40 minutes.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
For anyone interested I went to my local Wal-Mart and purchased the Iphone 6s and it could not of been any easier. They will sell you the phone at full retail and all I did when I got home was pop my cricket sim in new phone and it works flawlessly.
Of course you did. Why wouldn't you have been able to?

Did they have all models, storage options, and colours? That would make it a lot more convenient for people who don't want or are unable to trek to an Apple Store for an unlocked device.
Wal-Mart generally has (in the past) only had 16GB models. Don't know firsthand about this year though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: canuckRus

tl01

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
This is certainly true in my area. Even the four Apple stores have them readily available.

I get the feeling from what the Apple employees are not saying, that sales are soft.

It's sold out where I live.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)

While I know that the phone debuting in China contributes to larger numbers, how does the following translate into "soft" sales?

CUPERTINO, California — September 28, 2015 — Apple® today announced it has sold more than 13 million new iPhone® 6s and iPhone 6s Plus models, a new record, just three days after launch. iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus will be available in more than 40 additional countries beginning October 9 including Italy, Mexico, Russia, Spain and Taiwan. The new iPhones will be available in over 130 countries by the end of the year.​

Gaelic2

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2007
Mountains of N. California
I went online to Consumers Cellular and ordered the iPhone 6s and got it in 4 days, all ready to go.They will charge you, interest free, $25 month until it's paid off with option of paying it off anytime or you can just buy it outright.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.