Bought new macbook - they pricematched

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by spitfyre, Nov 30, 2008.

1. spitfyre macrumors newbie

So I went to the Apple store and I had the printout for a website that had the macbook for cheaper. The salesperson told me that they didn't pricematch at first, but when I showed him a printout and after he verified that it was legit, and talked with the manager, they were willing to sell it to me at the same price. Woo hoo. It was a bit of work, and I don't really like haggling, but it was worth it.

2. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

3. spitfyre thread starter macrumors newbie

macconnection. they didn't really want to give me the price that is listed after the rebate, but eventually they did. :D

4. bkarabel macrumors member

5. mets1125 macrumors regular

thats really good...I was at the 5ave store and they told me they could not give me the macConnection price because $150 was a mail-in-rebate. If it was a NY store can you please PM me. Thanks

6. TJunkers macrumors 6502a

TJunkers

That's awesome! It really is true though; you just have to find the right employee or store and anything is possible. Like everyone always says "Apple won't replace your iPhone if you broke it." However, I have had mine replaced twice and my brothers replaced once even though we admitted to breaking it accidentally.

7. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Well done, congrats on your new MB and on your persistence, and an interesting tale indeed.

Cheers

8. spitfyre thread starter macrumors newbie

I am in California (they're a little more chill here - that's why I left the Bronx ;) ). It was Emeryville. Yeah, the fact that it was a rebate looked like it might be a problem but it worked in the end. Not sure if it is duplicatable at another store on another day, but it's worth a shot!

9. Grey Mouser macrumors newbie

Good job, could you have potentially saved tax with MacConnection.. though?

10. spitfyre thread starter macrumors newbie

Indeed. But I'd read some negative stuff about MacConnection which made me nervous (if something was wrong with the machine) so I really wanted to buy it in the Apple store, just in case. I want to have someone to yell at in person instead of over the phone. That's worth the tax. ;)

11. mets1125 macrumors regular

Thanks I will give it a try this week at another store.