bought new macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by AlexanderTgreat, Mar 5, 2008.

1. AlexanderTgreat macrumors member

Well I just bit the bullet and bought a new macbook. As some of you are aware I did not have good luck with my last two macbooks but as my last one just had too many problems to continue using, I sent in for repair and bought one of the new models. I really can't say that I'm too confident that this macbook will end up being more reliable in the long run but as I don't want to fork out for a macbook pro at the moment, I had few other options. I actually came very close to buying a think pad T series for their great build quality but in the end, I thought that I would give mac another chance. Anyway wish me luck everyone

2. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

Good luck....I'm glad you gave it another shot :)

3. scotty56 macrumors regular

Congrats! I thought about getting a pro, but money and reason said I needed a macbook. Not one regret though, every time I use it its like the first time all over again. I will never return to Windows :D

4. w.t.f macrumors newbie

I just got a macbook as well, it's my first, but I am thoroughly enjoying it! Hope my luck is a little better then yours!

5. apthai macrumors member

I also just got a MacBook last Friday. So far everything has been great! Hope you have better luck with your latest one.

6. doclouleigh macrumors newbie

doclouleigh

me too, me too!

After years of PC use, I decided in January (many, many hours spent doting over Apple products in the local Apple Store and drooling) to purchase an iMac. I have been more pleased than I could have ever imagined. I work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week on a PC and since I've gotten my iMac, I've found myself highly frustrated with the delayed response of my work PC along with the many error messages and general disfunctionality of PC/Windows. I fell so in love with my iMac that I went back to the Apple store on this past Friday and purchased my first MacBook.

I am more than satisfied and recommend switching from PC to Mac to everyone!

Once you go Mac, you'll never go back!

7. DaBrain macrumors 65816

DaBrain

Your experience is identical to mine when I switched to MAC after 20 plus years of windows. When IM at work doing something on a PC I continually am reminded why I left windoz!

I couldn't be any happier than with my iMac and new macbook. Best thing though is OSX!

Welcome aboard! ;)

8. doclouleigh macrumors newbie

doclouleigh

Thanks...I've become slightly obsessed with Mac/Apple articles, forums, magazines, conversations, etc. My boyfriend says it's like I joined a cult and am trying to recruit everyone...I just can't help myself...I'm in looooove! :p

9. connoisseur macrumors member

did Apple give you any money for your old Macbook

10. Italchef macrumors 6502

Congratulations on the new Macbook. I've been using an iMac for the past 5 years ( I upgraded to the new iMac 5 months ago ) and am currently waiting for delivery on my new white Macbook. I can't wait. It's my first laptop. I was given the use of one for a week recently and fell in love with it immediately.
    Enjoy everyone that has bought one recently.

Mick

11. Pacer69 macrumors member

Yes, congrats! Be sure to post back on how it runs for you, battery life, etc. Many of us are curious to know about the new ones!

12. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Good Luck...

with your new MB, keep us posted on how it's going! :cool: