Bought Quicktime Pro, Still Can't Save as QT Movie

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by karleaglemac, Dec 9, 2007.

1. karleaglemac macrumors regular

karleaglemac

Well, the title basically explains my problem.

I recently purchased QT Pro, registered it and everything seemed to check out.

Then I checked out Apple's movie trailers, opened a movie, right clicked on the far right drop down arrow, and "Save as a Quicktime Movie" isn't even highlighted.

Any idea what my problem could be? If I need to provide more info, let me know.

2. Dany M macrumors 6502

You have to wait for the entire movie to be loaded before having the option of downloading it.

3. karleaglemac thread starter macrumors regular

karleaglemac

Thanks a lot! I guess that is just me and my impatience.

Here is another question. I visited this Speed Racer movie page, clicked on the 480 movie trailer, let the entire thing load, and it won't allow me to save as a Quicktime Movie. Why won't it allow me?

This is probably another simple solution...

4. TheStu macrumors 65816

I think it has to do with the fact that it is a .qtl... that is the only thing I can think of... I can save trailers from Apple just fine, but they don't have that .qtl bit.

5. Dany M macrumors 6502

Yeah just select open the qtl, let it open and dl it

6. karleaglemac thread starter macrumors regular

karleaglemac

Excellent! Thanks for your help.

Where did you find that .dl file?

7. OttawaGuy macrumors 6502a

OttawaGuy

Download the qtl file, then open it in text edit.

8. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)
    I don't have Quicktime Pro, so what I did was google around for the movie trailer names and I came across this page:
    http://www.truemovie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=20868&sid=2b98005f011b1b2e609c0716eb9d8ab0

And from here I downloaded the first Speed Racer trailer.

I love it in HD, I downloaded the 720p version of the first trailer (the version my 15" 2.2 MBP can handle) and it looks beautiful.

If anyone has a chance, check out this question I posted:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=5396473#post5396473

I'm trying to figure out why one trailer I downloaded came out choppy and one plays smoothly.

9. freshjiveflava macrumors newbie

I cant save music using quicktime pro

I'm trying to save music form the internet using quicktime pro. after the song downloads, i used to have the option to 'save as' to my desktop, so i could dump it on my itunes. That option no longer exists, any thought? I called Apple support, they told me I needed a third party plug in? I have no clue which plug in to download let alone where to find it.

I've done nothing to my itunes or quicktime prefs, the option for 'save as' just disappeared. Please help.

Thanks

10. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

What kind of file is it? If it is Windows Media, then you'll need Flip4Mac.