Bought Rev. D MBP from Amazon and got Leopard Drop-in install DVD?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SolidGun, May 15, 2008.

1. SolidGun macrumors 6502

SolidGun

Just received my 2.4 Santa Rosa platform MBP (Rev D) from Amazon today. I started it right away only to find that there was Tiger running....I looked through the rest of the package and noticed that there was Drop-in DVD for Leopard installation.....a few questions:

1. Is this common for all Rev D MBPs or is this one really really old?
    2. My Leopard DVD was scratched and sealed that way....is this something that I should be worried about? it appears to read the disc (going through the disc check as I type this). Should I ask for a replacement?

I am glad I finally upgraded my G4 powerbook.....I was using ThinkPads in the meantime, but I wanted something newer than my T61.

2. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

Early gen 3 macbook Pros, 2.2/2.4 GHz had drop in discs put in.

Your "new" MBP could be just really really old stock. I havent seen a drop in disc for a while...my 2.4 SR came with Leopard installed and with the grey Leopard system restore discs.

3. PDE macrumors 68020

Nothing to be worried about. The 2.4ghz SR at amazon IS old stock, but they're new and perfectly legit. You got the DVD so you have the latest operating system, and it was at a great price. Just enjoy!

4. SolidGun thread starter macrumors 6502

SolidGun

Well, the good thing about getting this old MBP stock is that there is no noise coming out of the audio jack with my noise canceling headphones.

Thx for the reassurance.

5. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

Early gen 2.2/2.4GHz Macbook Pros was sold before 10.5 was released and had 10.4 installed and no 10.5 disc. (the SR MBP was introduced 2007.06.05, OSX 10.5 was released 26th Oct 2007).
    So MBPs shipped from Apple before 26th Oct 07, but sold from retailers after 26th Oct had Drop-in discs.

So your computer was probably made before 26th Oct 07.

6. cubedweller macrumors 6502

My refurb SR 2.4ghz MBP came with the drop-in DVD (and Tiger pre-intalled) -- it scared the crap out of me until I dug through the box and found the DVD.

I have no complaints though :)

~Eric