Bought something on eBay: Payment being processed through PayPal

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JOSE891, Jan 22, 2014.

1. JOSE891 macrumors 6502a

JOSE891

Paid for a item I won, but it has a little hourglass symbol and says payment is still processing. I have never seen this on ebay, so I logged into PayPal to see what was going on. There it says: "Status: Completed".

I have e-mailed the seller, but they have not answered regarding this. I do not like having a large amount of money ($409USD) floating in cyberspace! The seller has all good feedback as a buyer and seller.

What do I do?

This is exactly what it says on the PayPal transaction page:

Express Checkout Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID #XXXXXXXXXX)
    Shopping Cart Contents
    Options
    Qty: 1 Item: New Apple iPad Mini Retina 16GB White Silver WiFi Latest Model ME279LL/A SEALED Item: # XXXXXXXXXX
    Amount: $409.99 USD
    Order Description:
    Shopping Cart Item Total: $409.99 USD Sales Tax:
    Shipping:
    $0.00 USD Seller discount or charges: $0.00 USD
    Total amount:
    -$409.99 USD Fee amount: $0.00 USD Net amount: -$409.99 USD Date:

Jan 22, 2014 Time:

19:21:20 PST Status: Completed

Insurance:
    $0.00 USD

Shipping Address:
    XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXXX AVE XXX XXXXX, NV United States Confirmed Help

Payment To: XXXXX XXXXX (The recipient of this payment is Verified) Seller's ID:
    XXXXXX Seller's Email: XXXXXXXX@XXXXXX.net

Funding Type:
    PayPal Funds Funding Source: $409.99 USD - PayPal Account

Description:
    Shopping Cart

And after I paid through eBay & PayPal it said:
    "Your payment is still processing your payment is declined for some reason, you'll see your items under Awaiting payment in My eBay."
    Replaced private info with "X's".

BTW what I bought was a iPad Mini Retina.

2. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Do not worry about it. If the funds are being taken directly from out of your bank account and not from a credit card, it can take a couple of business days for Paypal to process it. Especially with larger amounts. Even a couple hundred dollars. Give it a day or two and all will be good and showing as payment sent.

The seller has not disappeared with your money. It is all part of the process. Been buying and selling on Ebay since 2000. Seen this lots of times.

3. gsugolfer macrumors 6502a

gsugolfer

I had that happen with an order as well, but it was a small amount so I didn't worry about it much.

It's actually still listed that way, a month after the transaction. I've received the shipment, and I suppose he has his money, as he's never messaged me.