Bought the 13" MBP, but...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jordans0nly, Nov 28, 2010.

1. jordans0nly macrumors member

I'm wondering if I should take it back, and just get a refurb 15" from the Apple online store.

The 13" is great, love it. Solid machine, fast, but after having a laptop that was a 15" for awhile, I've gotten used to that. On Black Friday, I paid with tax, $1164, I know I'd have to pay the restocking fee, but, for a few hundred dollars more, worth the hassle of taking it back, then ordering another one, and then waiting?

Just curious.

2. preppy macrumors member

preppy

Up to you really, it's not really up to us to tell you your personal preference.

I chose a 15" over the 13" because I was used to a 15" non-unibody MBP, but there are days where I wish I should have saved some money and gotten the 13"....but then I remind myself I would have probably regretted not getting the 15"...tough call at times but at the end of the day, I'm happy with what i got because it's what I got...no sense in second guessing and/or going back.

3. jordans0nly thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the honesty Preppy.

One question though, I paid put some on my CC to fund this, would it be automatically applied?

The refurb price looks great to me.

4. andrewsd macrumors 6502

15' to 13'

I went from a 15" PowerBook to a 13" MacBook and have not regretted anything .. With that said though I was also a semi heavy user at times and I'm more of a basic user now with some heavy loads ever so often. I also travel a decent amount mostly for 3 to 4 weeks and on planes and trains over in Europe the 13" size has been vital to the portableness of the machine and I love the size..

Just my 2 cents from real world experience. The only thing that really bothers me about this MacBook is the screen so you have to take that into context as well. The new MacBook Air with suffice for all my needs and the screen is way way better then the one on my MacBook but that may not be an option for you as it sorta sounds as if you need/LIke the Pro's.

good luck and cheers mate..Prost!

5. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

I wanted a 15" at first, but when I got my 13", I quickly got used to the size, and now it is my preference, although I do have a monitor for when I am at my desk.

6. jordans0nly thread starter macrumors member

Well, I hardly do any traveling, so lugging it around really wouldn't be a problem.

I'm thinking about it.

7. andrewsd, Nov 29, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2010

andrewsd macrumors 6502

Go buckeyes

Back to the topic. It sounds as if you want to stick with the 15". The choice is yours. Hope we helped and as I they saw " to each their own." I prefer the 13"