Bought the iFrogz case..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sanders4617, Jun 24, 2010.

1. sanders4617 macrumors member

I just bought the iFrogz case.. and I will say that it is very nice. I got a discount from $29.99 to $23.99 so that helps always.

It is a hard plastic on the outside.. but on the inside (where the backside glass is) has felt or something to not scratch it. And the RECEPTION ISSUE is GONNNE!! So the case stopped that.. and the iPhone 4 is all good now.

And for those wondering.. this is not a unibody case.. it has 2 parts.. and they snap on in the middle.

2. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

3. Bloake macrumors 6502

Bloake

4. falconeight Guest

falconeight

If its the ifroz lux be careful they break and then paint comes off fast

5. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

I got an iFrogz off ebay for just 8.95 (includes shipping) for my old 3GS lol.

6. kels0119 macrumors member

kels0119

ifrogz

hopefully this link will work. You can get them at Best Buy, they have diff colors. I had one for my 3g and it was nice. The paint did chip a little bit in a corner but that's to be expected since that's how the phone would land when i put it on the table.

7. nospeed411 macrumors 6502a

My wife got the purple one today at the at&fail store when we picked up our phones . I must say it is a super nice case. I love the little strip of velvet on the inside to keep case from scratching phone.

I go the incipio 2 piece one....pretty damn nice case too. Has anyone else noticed that the quality of the new i4 cases are way better than the 3gs ones where?

8. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

9. sanders4617 thread starter macrumors member

I can't share a discount.. it was offered to me at the AT&T store. He told me when the screen covers come in.. he will give me one then too.

But yes.. that link above is the one I got as well.. The ONLY problem I have right now.. or have noticed is the sleep button or whatever. I have to point my finger straight down to reach it.. the case kind of keeps u from hitting it with ease.. everything else is fine though.

10. witmvpness6 macrumors member

I was gonna wait until white came out but I think the red would actually look good on black. You have any pictures with it on your phone?

11. sanders4617 thread starter macrumors member

Ok I uploaded some pictures.. sorry for any quality issues or you not seeing what you wanted. :)

Attached Files:

12. UniPro macrumors regular

UniPro

Thanks for the pics. I was planning on picking up that case today myself. I got that same style for my girlfriend for her birthday and was surprised by the quality.

I normally hate cases but this was an exception.

13. sanders4617 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah and having full bars while using my left hand (im a lefty) is great as well. I have no complaints with the phone anymore.. except the proximity sensor can be a little too sensitive to light (easily turning on the screen when on the phone)... but I don't have that issue unless I am using my shoulder to hold the phone up.

14. UniPro macrumors regular

UniPro

Yeah that signal issue is pretty much forcing me to get a case. I can see now why Apple made those bumpers. LOL.

15. Jnyce macrumors regular

this is too funny i got the same exact case color and got the discount as well...:D

16. phas3 macrumors 65816

I got the bumper it makes the iphone look soooooo sleeeeeeeeeeeek its like a rice car body kit hahaha

17. UniPro macrumors regular

UniPro

18. sanders4617 thread starter macrumors member

Haha sweet. He told me he would give me another discount when the screen protectors came in.. I got pissed cause I called and they told me they had screen protectors and drove out there.. so thats why he is doing it.. So he says. Its probably normal for everyone. Came out to right under $26 after tax.

19. phas3 macrumors 65816

I got a discount off the bumper lol

Some hot mama had her iphone with a bumper near where i was hanging out with the apple employees trying to get her phone activated.

I looked at her with a smile and said "excuse me, can I play with your bumper?"

she smiled and said sure

she pretty much got me to buy the bumper haha

20. Orbane macrumors member

A similar thing happened to me; I'd already said no to the employee when he offered me accessories, but I saw it on someone's phone and ended up buying it :(

Don't regret it, though there will probably be dirt cheap versions on eBay soon that are just as good!

21. phas3 macrumors 65816

Yeah I don't regret it either now im going to purchase invisible shield or wrapsol, I like to be able to see the elegance of the phone, I don't like to cover it up.

22. sanders4617 thread starter macrumors member

I believe that Apple should have given away bumpers for free. It probably cost $.20 to make.. and its the only thing to keep the phone from losing service if you hold it like a normal person.

I feel like Apple is trying to go as far as.. You will either hold the phone how we want you to.. or you will buy our case. hah

23. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

Seeing these pictures (and those of other iP4 cases) have lead me to the conclusion that a naked 3G/3GS was fugly, but cases looked great while the iP4 looks great naked but looks like a$$ in a case.

Don't take that the wrong way because I know it's all personal preference/style. I just really don't like any of the cases I've seen. I typically leave mine naked but want a case for times when I'm traveling or in more demanding conditions. I'm hoping Otterbox hits a home run with a rugged iP4 case...

24. stphnman20 macrumors regular

25. sanders4617 thread starter macrumors member

It doesn't feel bulky.. but I got the case because of reception issues. Or else I would have just gotten the screen protectors. I am with you guys.. i LOVE the way the phone looks without a case.. but I'd rather have the phone a tad more protected in case of a fall than not.