Bought The New Retina MB, Shipping Questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by samuelabrooks, Jun 16, 2012.

1. samuelabrooks macrumors newbie

I bought the New Retina Macbook shortly after WWDC and thankfully only received a 7-10 waiting period but I'm going away on the 27th of this month and the estimated delivery is from the 25th to the 29th of this month.

It's shipping with TNT Express as I live in Australia and I also ordered a USB Superdrive which arrived the day after the order. Can I expect the same speed of delivery with the Macbook once it has arrived in TNT's hands? Which would mean Apple's estimate is wrong and I will actually recieve the Mac the next day if not in the same week?

Thanks!

2. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

I'd expect it to arrive no later than the 25th.

Where did the superdrive ship from? In North America it would ship from the United States, but in Australia accessories might ship from Australia. The computer, however, will definitely be shipping from China and will have to pass through customs, so likely two days after it ships, not the next day.

3. samuelabrooks thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks I appreciate the response :). From what the TNT Tracker told me it came from the Sydney Depot but I have no idea how they handle there packages so either it was delivered by an apple store (I doubt there is one in Sydney) or it was shipped from the US, arrived at Australia and then was transported via plane to Cairns.

Do you know if Apple has a tendency to go past the estimated time til being shipped? Just anxious to get the mac before I leave.

4. Braniff747SP macrumors 6502

Braniff747SP

In my experience (in the US) no. I've never had an Apple product be late; normally it arrives the first or second estimated day.

5. samuelabrooks thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome, glad to hear. As long as my Macbook arrives anywhere before the 27th I'll be happy :).

6. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

It wouldn't come from an Apple store, but I'm sure they'd have a warehouse somewhere closer to you than the US for accessories. It might not be in Australia, and I realize Oz isn't really close to anything else with a larger population, but they'd have something, somewhere for the south Pacific.

And I concur with the other guy - never had anything arrive any later than the first promised day except once, when something sat in customs a day longer than normal. Usually, it's been before the earliest promised day, exceot when it's something like a new product we're allowed to pre-order, when everyone gets them the same day.