Bought two iPhones and will be receiving a third one by mistake

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by seabiscuit, Jun 23, 2010.

  1. seabiscuit macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2005
    Location:
    Kentucky
    #1
    My wife and I ordered two iPhones on June 15th through Apple's website. Due to all of the server issues, I also attempted to order through ATT's website. In the early evening, we finally got our orders processed for a 16GB and 32GB iPhone through Apple. We later received emails from Apple confirming the orders. Later that week on Saturday, Apple emailed me to say that they had cancelled the order for my wife's phone. I was not happy about it to say the least. After many calls to Apple and ATT, I was finally able to order another iPhone for my wife that would be delivered in mid July. On Tuesday night, our second order got cancelled. Again, both ATT and Apple were contacted. ATT indicated that there was one order for two phones that will still in process with ATT.com. As it turns out, we are going to receive both phones tomorrow according to Fedex and ATT.

    I think that our order through ATT actually processed on the 15th. The reason that the other orders were cancelled was due to having multiple orders. As of right now, we are supposed to receive two phones tomorrow on the 24th. Should I cancel the other order from Apple or should I keep the other order open and see if it gets shipped. If so, what are the pros and cons of receiving a third phone. Can I sell it at a good price since I will receive it $199. Will I be obligated to paying the unsubsidized price to Apple or ATT. (By the way, ATT reset the upgrade date on my wife's account to allow for that order).

    What's everyone think I should do? I could cancel it and not have to deal with it.

    Thanks
     
  2. tritonj macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2008
    #2
    you will be charged full price for the 3rd phone
     
  3. seabiscuit thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2005
    Location:
    Kentucky
    #3
    I called my credit card company. They indicated that my card had a pending charge for $199 plus tax. Apple got an approval for $199 plus tax. Since there was a lot of confusion, do you think that it's possible I could receive it at the lower price?

    Thanks
     
  4. tritonj macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2008

Share This Page