Bought wrong thing from Apple store

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by TaylorJ, Sep 28, 2010.

1. TaylorJ macrumors regular

Jan 25, 2010
    Hello. Like an idiot I bought the wrong thing from the apple store. I know exaclty what I wanted but I guess from other visits to the site I had other stuff in my cart, I mustve removed what I added and kept what was already in there.

I wanted a moshi keyboard cover and I got the moshi plamguard. At first I thought Apple had sent me the wrong thing but they did NOT, this was my own fault.

How do I go about returning this, I have already opened the shipping packaging, but the palmgaurd packaging is untouched. I also have email confirmations and receipts. What is my next step?
  2. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

Oct 1, 2008
    call customer service? contact them via web? that's where i would start.
  3. chrono1081 macrumors 604

Jan 26, 2008
    Isla Nublar
    They will let you return it. If you want it faster you can ask if they can ship your new one now and usually they will take a credit card number (incase you don't send the old one back) and send you the new one right away.
  4. TaylorJ thread starter macrumors regular

Jan 25, 2010
    Just got off the phone with somebody. I placed an order for what I wanted. Said he would email me shipping labels. Since he said that, safe to assume I'm not going to pay for shipping right?
  5. No1nfoProvided macrumors 6502

Dec 1, 2009
    Shouldn't be paying for it. Just look at your invoice though just in case. I didn't have to pay for shipping when I returned stuff to Apple.
  6. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

Oct 1, 2008
    if they're sending you a call tag, you won't be paying for shipping back.
  7. TaylorJ thread starter macrumors regular

Jan 25, 2010
    Okay, dude on the phone specifically said they will send me return labels to my email and I will be getting emails withing 15-30 minutes. I got two emails almost instantly.

One is an order confirmation for the products I originally wanted, the second is a confirmation that I want to return the item. It says "please ship your return to the address on the return label" and then it provides the address. However there is no shipping label.

EDIT: okay I just went to my order status on apple and it says "reprint shipping label". I never printed it yet but anyway, all this will be is a sheet of paper with my address and the address of the returns center. There is no barcode, no nothing, I could literally type this up in word. Does this mean I do have to pay for shipping?

Also the returns center isnt too far from my house, but I doubt I'd be able to just drop it off right?
  8. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Oct 31, 2007
    Austin, TX
    You probably will need to pay for shipping. Since it wasn't an error on their part, they're definitely not obligated to pay for shipping.
  9. Lucky736 macrumors 6502a

Jan 18, 2004
    You can return it to any retail store as well so long as it is not a CTO computer, providing you have a retail store near you.
  10. PhelpsiPhan macrumors 6502

Dec 31, 2009
    New Jersey
    You should be fine doing this
  11. TaylorJ thread starter macrumors regular

Jan 25, 2010
    Apple is frustrating me.

I received the label thru email a few days later as opposed to the 15-30 minutes I was told, I scheduled a ups pickup along with a tracking number and shipped the package back. They have received it.

Now on the phone I made an order for the CORRECT item. The charge was on my credit card a few days later. The package arrived and they mailed me two items. One was the exact same product I had just returned (not the same packaging, I would have recognized it) Along with the correct product.

I thought they messed up and I got it for free, but they havent issued a refund for the item I shipped back.

Wth is going on? I really dont want to call in and have them tell me to ship them back the product for the second time.