Bouncing an internet signal for my mac and ipod touch

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Gballa, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Gballa macrumors member

My house is probably about 50 yards from my friends, and he has internet and I don't. I can't pick the network up with my mac's airport, but i can with the Wi-Fire wireless adapter that increases range by 300%. So internet sharing works fine and i have full bars with the ipod touch, but google takes 2 minutes at least to load, and thats a search engine(duH) MY garage is between his and my house, and I was initially planning to put a pc in there and share internet connection with my mac, but seems impossible. What could I possibly put in my garage (hopefully inexpenisve, and not another computer) to "bounce" the internet from my friends house to my house for a better signal strength? Thanks.

2. emt1 macrumors 65816

3. Gballa thread starter macrumors member

4. emt1 macrumors 65816

I believe you can connect an external antenna to that router

5. Gballa thread starter macrumors member

lol...i kno this will sound like im really stealin my neighbors internet, but i wanted to do this without him knowing for certain reasons

6. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

What youre trying to do is illegal without his consent. And from what youve said, it sounds like he wont consent; or else youd tell him.

7. emt1 macrumors 65816

8. Gballa thread starter macrumors member

wow, cause he'd press charges...? I'll tell him if u guys are worried about it, but can you please help me out here?