bout to do my trade in for my $200 iPhone 4, it's in perfect condition, curious if

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kalirob99, Sep 21, 2014.

1. kalirob99, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2014

kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

I can put it towards my next bills? If it matters I bought my iPhone 6 Plus preorder through ATT
    Plus is there anything else I should do to it before trading it in. I got one of those eligible trade in codes but not sure I need that for in store trade ins

2. drober30 macrumors 6502a

You can use AT&T gift card to pay your monthly bill and the money you would have used from your checking account you can set aside but you can't trade your 4 in and take that amount off the price of your 6+. Next purchase requires you pay off the whole balance and cannot make partial payments.

Make sure your phone is backed up to iCloud or iTunes so you can restore your new phone with all your data.

3. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

I heard about it not being able to be used on the phone which is a bummer but at least I can use it on my bill. Thanks.
    Can I trade it in at an ATT Authorized Retailer? Or company stores only?

4. ScottJ, Sep 21, 2014

ScottJ macrumors regular

Yes - that's exactly what I did with my iPhone 4 on Thursday. I went to the store after turning off Find iPhone and resetting the unit, and the rep spent a few minutes inspecting the phone and making sure everything worked. She then put my phone in a plastic bag (she didn't need anything else), went to the back, and came back with my $200 promotion card. You'll need to provide your ATT wireless number - there's a limit on the number of trade ins you can do a year.

The next day I went online and made a $200 payment to my wireless account, and I now have a $200 credit. (The card's good for only 3 months.) At the time, I wasn't able to do a standard upgrade to my current iPhone, but that wasn't an issue - despite the wording on the tradein promotion… (Maybe it varies from state to state - I'm in Calif.)

By the way, I traded in at an official ATT store…

5. drober30 macrumors 6502a

Dial **28822 and press number 1 on your keypad when you hear the recording. You will receive a text message. Click on the link in your text message, answer the two questions about the condition of your phone and they will give you a quote number and trade in amount.

I think the quote is good for 30 days? not sure? I also think I heard something about good till end of this month. They may be offering more money for trade in's during the first week of the iPhone 6 launch.

6. kalirob99, Sep 21, 2014

kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Nice I'll restore and turn off the Find feature and head over to trade. Hoping the wait won't be to painful.
    Do I have to do this ATT erase thing to? http://www.att.com/gen/general?pid=20369

Sorry but my moms making me ask, can she order an iPhone 6+ now and still get the trade in deal on her iPhone 5 if it arrives after the 30th?

7. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Any thoughts on the ATT erase thing and my moms question? She won't stop bugging me lol

8. Slimmyhendrix macrumors regular

bout to do my trade in for my $200 iPhone 4, it's in perfect condition, curio...

If you sell on eBay you can get $130ish so trade in at $200 is a steal
    I know at sprint you can "trade in" or resell up to 5 phones a year per account at any time for sprint credit.
    Can be used to pay bill or buy another phone or accessories at sprint only.

9. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Only bad thing is that Sprint isn't that great in my area, seems ATT has so many towers it's got better coverage. But that is a deal having 5 chances at credits. I also have an iPhone 5 so I'm hoping I can use that next time lol

Any answers for these questions guys?

10. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Anyone answer the last 2 questions? I'll love you 4eva.

11. thedavis5 macrumors newbie

I turned in two iPhone 4s today for $400. I bought my iPhones from apple.com but that didn't matter.

12. epi117 macrumors 6502

we updated two phones and used 2 iphone 4 we got for $50 from craigslist, not a bad deal, took for ever to find the cheap iphone 4.

13. tengorazon macrumors member

I didn't have to erase anything when I turned in my phones, but did it anyway just to be safe.

Yes she can still take advantage of the deal.

14. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Nice, thanks guys. She's pumped to get the gold model lol