Bowers & Wilkins P5 advice?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by pogoyoyo, May 27, 2013.

1. pogoyoyo macrumors regular

Hey has anyone tried these headphones? I read some reviews that they can be uncomfortable and that the cable is thin and prone to breaking? Anyone have experience with these and can help me out? Really want to pick these up today to replace my Bose OE headphones that are showing some real signs of age and the price to replace the the leather cushions is almost more than the headphones' worth.

2. Rossatron macrumors 6502a

in all the reviews i have read, none of them mentioned those issues. only thing said in terms of comfort was, that if you are a glasses wearer, the P3 are better - i don't know why, i own none of these headphones and all is based on things i have read.

3. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

I have owned the P5s for over a year now.

They create a seal but I wouldn't say they are uncomfortable, I wear them hours at a time during the day at work.

When I wear them during my bike ride, I have sunglasses on and don't notice them bothering me.

Unfortunately, the cable did break on me, right where it connects to the earphone jack.
    They include an extra, non microphone cable in the box, which I am using now with no issues.
    Still, for $300, I would expect better cable quality and to make things worse, replacement microphone capable cables are expensive.

Not sure I helped any but that is my experience.

4. Lunfai macrumors 65816

Lunfai

yes i've read same, and the leather downgrades in quality over time, however this isn't their fault. Contact them and they will replace you with a cable. B&W is a respectable brand.

5. azahar macrumors newbie

azahar

I tried the P5s but went for the P3s in the end as I preferred the slightly smaller form factor. Both have fantastic audio capabilities. I wear glasses occasionally and I have no issues wearing them with the headphones.

6. palmharbor macrumors 6502

Don't be fooled

There is up to 1000% profit on earbuds...many are made in the same chinese factory that $15 dollar earbuds are made. Earbuds and Headphones are very trendy and teens et al will pay big bucks so the market is exploiting that.
    A reasonable and very good sounding head phones are:Sennheiser. They have a pair for $80, that I found comfortable and great sounding. I tried about 10 or more last week.

7. jdogg836 macrumors regular

jdogg836

Bowers and Wilkins would not be in the same category as the popular mark up brands you describe. I own a pair, and these are seriously the best headphones I have ever owned for the money. The fact that they are slightly smaller the the standard over the ear headphones yet deliver the same sound makes them even better in my eyes.