"box" lines

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sinarman, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Sinarman macrumors newbie

Sinarman

Hi Everyone.

This may be a known problem but I just don't know what to search for it as...

I have "box" lines appearing around my Hard Drive icon, on the desktop - they appear as a single line box inside a double line box.

When I launch Safari (or other applications) the double line box disappears from the icon but becomes a single line box around things like search boxes when I select them on the Safari page (and is around this text box as I'm typing). If I then scroll up and down the page the "box" remains stationary whilst the the text on the page moves past it.

Have tried rebooting but the problem remains. Don't know if it's affecting my Mac (MacPro 2.8ghz quad core, 2gb RAM) but it's just irritating to see.

Has anyone encountered this before? Any advice will be appreciated.

2. fscarpa macrumors regular

3. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

System Preferences > Universal Access > Turn everything off

4. Sinarman thread starter macrumors newbie

Sinarman

Problem solved - you're a star Jethryn!

For the sake of completeness I should add that another sign of this problem was that under the "Apple" drop down menu "Shutdown", "Restart" and "Logoff..." options were all duplicated.

But as Jethryn new, these were all, apparently, indicators that the "Universal Access" settings had been altered/enabled. Not quite sure how this could have come about but I think it may have happened when I launched Skype...?

Anyway, did as Jethryn directed, rebooted, and this (very annoying) problem has been rectified.

Thanks very much indeed J! :)