Box-O-PowerBooks and Other New Macs :D

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Gamer9430, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Gamer9430 macrumors 68020

Gamer9430

Been awhile since I've gotten any new Macs... but over the last 2 weeks, I somehow managed to pick up 5 LOL. Two weeks ago, I finally bought a Mac Pro from a fellow forum member. Its an original 1,1 model from 2006. I currently have it setup with 16GB RAM, 1x3TB HDD, 1x320GB HDD, 1x120GB SSD, 1x120GB HDD, GeForce GTX 480, and 7600GT. It has a plethora of OSes installed; El Capitan, Mavericks, Lion, Snow Leopard, Tiger, Windows 10, and Windows XP (WIP). Lastly, it current has dual Dual Core 2.66GHz CPUs, which are about to be swapped out with dual Quad Core 2.66GHz CPUs. Aside from a bit of shipping damage, it works great and I really like it.

Later in the same week, I met my retired teacher friend who has given me a lot of my collection. This time around was a free Macintosh SE, a blue carrying case for it, a IIGS-style Apple Desktop Bus Keyboard and Mouse (this mouse is by far the most mint of all my original ADB mice), a VGA switch, and a box of 30-something Mac-related Magazines from 1997-2003. The SE is one hell of a Mac. I was a bit let down as he was telling me it was an SE/30 in our emails, but the IIGS keyboard made up for it. Its in pretty decent shape with some yellowing and slight CRT Burn-in, but other than that, its in nice working shape with all the caps in tact and the floppy working correctly (although some fresh grease would be good).

Lastly, tomorrow, another fellow forum member is sending me several things. First and foremost is a box with 3 different PowerBooks. First PB being a PowerBook Duo 210. Its in pretty good condition with one small line in the screen thats almost impossible to notice. Unsurprisingly, the battery does not work. Next up is a PowerBook 5300c. It, too, is really good condition and has no issues other than a dead battery. Lastly is a PowerBook G3 Lombard 333MHz. Like the other 2 PBs, its in great condition, but unlike the other two, it has a working battery! Besides the 3 PBs, I'm also getting an AEKII, a Cube-compatible GPU and fan, Radeon X800XT for my G5, and an assortment of RAM for various Macs in a separate box.

So there you have it, a Box-O-PowerBooks, an SE, and a Mac Pro all within the course of 2 weeks. These 5 new machines bring my total machine count to 52, with 33 of them being Macs (Full list here: https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...c-macs-than-i-do.1816059/page-9#post-24356916). This time I'll try to remember to post some pictures since in my last few threads I've seemingly forgot to post pictures of the new additions I wrote about ;)

2. RhianB macrumors 6502

RhianB

It certainly pays to know the right people! Nice pick ups :)

3. Slix macrumors 6502a

Slix

Nice! Be sure to post some photos when they all arrive. :) I'm excited to see the PowerBook G3, it'll probably look nice just like my Wallstreet and PDQ do. :)

4. dustinschings macrumors 6502

dustinschings

Have a decent AGP card for a G5 you want to make my day with? :)

I am trying to play Fable on my Early 2005 G5 but the Radeon 9600 isn't doing too good.

5. Gamer9430 thread starter macrumors 68020

Gamer9430

The 9600 is the one that's being replaced with the X800XT :p... I've got no other GPUs that would be better than it at the moment. Sorry!

6. dustinschings macrumors 6502

dustinschings

Haha, no worries! Let me know how the X800XT works out for you!