Boxcar alternation

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Badrottie, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Boxcar's push notification for Twitter is not working so I wonder if there is any push notification for Twitter so I can get new tweets? :apple:

2. reubs macrumors 68000

You could pay for an app like Tweetbot that would send push notifications, and then you could bypass Boxcar altogether.

3. kicko macrumors 65816

try logging out and back in of boxcar. It was pretty spotty over the past few months but seems to be working pretty well now.

4. Badrottie thread starter Suspended

Badrottie

Tweetbot push notification for new tweets? I hope so I don't want to waste my money if it does not work. :apple:

----------

I could try this right now…If it doesn't work then I will try Tweetbot next week. :apple:

----------

By the way do I need to delete official Twitter client app if I want to go with Tweetbot? I think iOS need to have official Twitter client installed in order to work together? :apple:

5. reubs macrumors 68000

Yeah, you have to configure it, but I've got it set up to send push notifications. And you don't have to delete the Twitter app if you don't want to. You can still keep your system signed in to Twitter.

6. Badrottie thread starter Suspended

Badrottie

thats great. thanks :apple:

7. masvil macrumors newbie

masvil

Last Twitter official app version do it natively. You can select users you want to be notified.

8. burnside macrumors 6502

Is that for timeline updates though?

9. masvil macrumors newbie

masvil

Yes.
    You get mention and new follower notifications too.

10. burnside macrumors 6502

Thanks! Works very nice. Just wish I could change the notification sound. :(