Boxee Not Working on New Apple TV

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by hfthomp, Apr 3, 2009.

1. hfthomp macrumors member

Hey everyone, I just got my Apple TV today, and yes, I love it. I've got it up and running and just installed the patchstick software stuff on it. I was able to download and install both XMBC and Boxee from the new menus that the patchstick created. I was able to run XMBC, but when I try and run Boxee, I get a black screen and nothing happens. Did I do something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. nbehar macrumors newbie

Im having the same exact problem. I have tried re installing boxee with the patch stick and no luck. Any progress on your end?

3. hfthomp thread starter macrumors member

Yes, I got it working. You need to install the Launcher. After doing that boxee launches fine for me. Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

4. mfillhart macrumors member

update

just update the launcher files and it should get rid of that problem

5. shayn macrumors newbie

I installed boxee on my apple tv today but I can't get sharing to work. I can't see the movie folder on my macpro? I have enabled sharing but I can't connect?

Is there a guide to getting sharing to work with the apple tv and boxee? I have googled and tried all day but I'm stumped

6. Shoesy macrumors 6502a

Shoesy

Hey guys- the boxee.org forums have got all the answers you need, with a dedicated appletv section.

7. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

How do u play avi videos with boxee? When ever I click on a avi file and press play it doesn't launch the vid.

8. littfam macrumors regular

I bought the ATV patch this winter, and messed with it for quite some time. In the end I ended up going back to a stock ATV. As for your boxee issue, I had it too. I fought with this issue for quite some time, and discovered that there was a handshake issue between my Samsung 46" display (HDMI) and the ATV.
    Try turning the TV off then back on, and see what happens.

9. tom1971 macrumors 6502a

just update the Launcher version and it should work