Boxing Day Sale?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by nope7308, Dec 20, 2009.

1. nope7308 macrumors 65816

nope7308

Does anyone know if Apple will have a boxing day sale on existing iMac models (in Canada)? I'm buying an entry level iMac as a gift, but I can wait until after Christmas, if need be.

I'm also purchasing the computer with an education discount, if that means anything. Thanks for the help.

2. lukefinch macrumors 6502

lukefinch

i would also like to know if there's an after christmas/new year sale at apple shops in the UK?

I want to pick up a wireless keyboard and magic mouse but cannot justify spending £110 on them.

3. Tiki35 macrumors 6502

If there is a boxing day sale, you won't be able to combine it with an educational discount unfortunately.

4. nope7308 thread starter macrumors 65816

nope7308

Where did you find this information? Additionally, do you know the discounts being offered on boxing day?

I'm curious to know whether I should wait. If the boxing day discount is the same as the education discount, then I'll just buy the computer later tonight.

Thanks again.

5. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Apple don't really do 'sales' as such. They do small reasonably small discounts for the most part. I doubt they will have any sort of post-Christmas sale (at least not in the UK), but if they did, the discounts would be no more than the education discount. The two cannot be coupled together, and thus it's best for you to just buy now. You have nothing to lose.

6. nope7308 thread starter macrumors 65816

nope7308

Yes, but how/where can I substantiate those claims? That is, where can I find information on the proposed boxing day sales? Assuming they're not available to the public, is there some record of past boxing day sales?

7. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Apple never allows for the combining of promotions, there would be no reason to assume that you could combine them this time. I don't recall a boxing day sale.

8. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Nope, there is no record because Apple has never had one. As I've said, Apple don't really have sales (Black Friday is the notable exception). There is the possibility that a third party retailer might have a sale, but because their profit margin isn't big in the first place, the sale will only be of a very small amount. The cheapest deal the consumer can get from Apple is either through the refurb store, or through higher education discount. Normal education discount is a few % less than higher education.

9. nope7308 thread starter macrumors 65816

nope7308

Great, thanks for the helpful information. Happy holidays!

10. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

For example, the Black Friday U.S. sales often resulted in $1 more savings then the normal Higher Education discount.

11. Nickpress macrumors newbie

At Future Shop in Quebec you will have 100 $ less on the MB and MBP (the base model) until December 31

12. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Just in Quebec, seems like it would be a national sort of thing.

13. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube