BoxOffice crashes. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by v1rok, Aug 20, 2008.

1. v1rok macrumors newbie

Installed BoxOffice (NowPlaying) a few days ago. It was working fine initially, but yesterday and today I could not start the application. When I click it, it flashes initial screen for a few seconds and then goes away. Anybody else having problems with BoxOffice? How do I fix it?

2. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

Try deleting the app then reinstalling it.

3. Ding.Dong macrumors regular

I just updated to version 1.2.1 and now the theater listings are screwed up. It doesn't show all the theaters near me and it's showing a few theaters that are many miles away.

4. Sinsinnati macrumors regular

Sinsinnati

I never installed the new version. The original BoxOffice has been solid to me. It is also now a collectors item.

5. msmith2112 macrumors 6502

msmith2112

Is the the new version (Now Playing) still supposed to say "BoxOffice" under the new icon on my iPhone?

Mine is...

6. blugel macrumors member

well, i'm glad to hear i'm not the only one with messed up theater listings...out of the five theaters near me, only one is showing up....downgraded back to the old version (which thankfully was still on my mac)...hope he can fix this and get it released sooner than soon.

7. nfg315 macrumors regular

nfg315

did you guys check the settings? mine all reset when the new one installed

and yes, mine still says "box office" under it too, but the icon changed

8. Iamtherealwoody macrumors 6502

Iamtherealwoody

This also happened to me then i restarted the phone and all is good. A simple thing but always try the simple stuff first (Im sure you have though)

9. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Sorry to say...3 of my local theaters disappeared as well. Reset phone...no dice. I just used it last weekend and it worked fine, now my theaters that I use are gone!!!

Guess I need to go back to old version as well.

New Version icon changed but still says BoxOffice

10. luckymother macrumors newbie

How do you go back to a previous version?

11. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

I have the original release and backed up my Apps folder on to an external drive. Just delete the apps in the current folder and drag and drop the old apps back into iTunes.

12. blugel macrumors member

Even when I replaced the new update with the previous version, 4 of my 5 local theaters wouldn't show up. So I put the newest version back on and when I changed the date to show movies for any day but today, all 5 theaters showed up. When I put the date back to today, they vanished. Clearly something has changed. I hope the developer can figure this little bug out.

13. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

You are completely right...I changed date in mine and it shows different theaters which is totally wrong. They ALL show movies every day...BIG TIME BUG...and the theaters should not be linked to the date anyway.

14. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

Please e-mail him and let him know, so he can get to work on the fix.

15. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

I don't seem to be having the disappearing theatres problem. The app works GREAT for me, and always has!! I LOVE IT!!

The only minor annoyances is that it still says "BoxOffice" instead of "Now Playing" below the app. Also, I'm sure it's just me being anal, but I have to say the icon image really bugs me because it has different, non-rounded corners. It used to have a place on my 1st homescreen, but I had to move it somewhere else because it was different!!! (Boy, I sure sound bigoted, don't I?) ;)

(The iFlix icon bugs me too, though it's not as bad)

16. BrunoMac macrumors regular

BrunoMac

Box office is great! I hope the newest version works out!

17. nfg315 macrumors regular

nfg315

me too, i hate that the icon is different, i have this and datacase, and they are both not on my main screen...just make the icon freakin normal

18. luckymother macrumors newbie

The last time I updated boxoffice / now playing I received version 1.3. Its been completely stable.

19. mgk65 macrumors newbie

I am also having a problem with theatres not showing up for me.

Based in a tip on the developer home page, I went and checked www.fandango.com to see what it had for my zipcode.

What I found was that the theatres that were not showing up in BoxOffice/NowShowing did not have any movies listed at fandango, instead, it said this:
    Showtimes are currently not available for this theater. Please check back later.

So, we may be unecessarily blaming the app, when it is really the data provider.

20. Ding.Dong macrumors regular

It seems to be working fine now for me. All the theaters show up. So maybe the problem is fixed?

How'd you get 1.3? I have 1.2.1 and the App Store says 1.2.1 is the current version.

21. luckymother macrumors newbie

That's odd! Both my wife' s and my Touch updated to 1.3, I was kind of surprised based on the developers comment that this version would take a while to get through apples review process. Check check the settings screen to verify your version. Had no crashes with 1.3 and it finds all the theaters in my area.

22. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

I am sad to say that Now Playing (Box Office) has been removed from my iPhone. Ever since the update I have been unable to get it to find the two theaters that I use within less then 10 miles of me.

I paid for and installed OneTap, it located me accurately and the 3 theaters I use including the two closest automatically popped up and they were at the top. The only thing I don't get with OneTap is someplace to pre purchase tickets. But it does me no good if my theaters are not there to buy tickets from.

I am sorry to loose Box Office but it does me no good if it won't show me what I need it too. I will keep it in my iTunes library for the day it comes back to the spectacular app it used to be.

Sorry Box Office

23. Ding.Dong macrumors regular

You're right. When I check the settings in the program, it says version 1.3. For some reason iTunes and the App Store say version 1.2.1.