Boxwave Keyboard Buddy Case!!! Picture Review

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Macmar88, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Macmar88 macrumors member

So I wrote a very long detailed review of this case and I must say I was quite proud :D. Well apparently it was too long and MacRumors logged me out due to inactivity so I lost it all :mad:. So i'm not gonna write another, but since a picture is worth a thousand word. You can view the gallery I have provided. Includes pictures of thickness comparison, as well as keyboard layout. Enjoy guys!!

http://gallery.me.com/macintoshmar/100044

2. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

looks good thank for the effort. do you leave it on all the time? i like the design but i feel like i wouldnt use it enough to make it work the extra size

3. Macmar88 thread starter macrumors member

thanks .. yea i've notice it has a timed sleep mode so you don't have to turn it off. And yes the bulk is kinda of a downer, but I have bigger hands so actually works out better for me. Also yea I've notice I'm using it mostly because I can not because I need to. Thanks for the feedback

4. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

doesn't actually look too bulky with the otterbox comparison. I really like it, hows the battery with it? Given I have an iphone 3gs and battery is crap... i know the iphone 4 has a better one. Do you use it all the time or switchbetween keyboard and touchscreen?

5. techdude6693 macrumors 6502

Looks cool, but I've had an iPhone since the 1st Gen, I never felt the need for one of these

6. hobsgrg macrumors 6502

I just got mine today and sure it doubles the depth to just under 20mm but it just feels so much nicer typing on real keys again. It automatically goes into a sleep mode if you don't use it for a while but you just need to press a key to wake it up again. I know the space bar position would annoy some people but having used a Nokia N97 in the past it feels completely natural to me as it had the same layout so doesn't bother me at all and was typing away efficiently in no time. I do love having the entire screen real estate available, and not having half of it filled with a virtual keyboard as that's something that would always annoy me a bit. It's not particularly cheap either, but if you prefer using real keys I'd certainly recommend it