Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pknz

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
Outrage!:eek: :mad:

I was viewing the local advertising rags that my parents had picked up while out shopping and on the back is the high-tech wizardry crap that supermarkets are beginning to get their grubby meat-hooks into. A picture that was so flippin' disgraceful I was moved to post it here and start a boycott of all Mac users on Countdown.

I call a boycott, also, do you think this should be sent to Apple or should I just leave it or email rant Countdown?

PS. For the rest of the world - Countdown is a 'budget' food store.

Edit: Hmm I guess a 142MB scan is not going to be accepted on here. Hmm the difficulties of getting the size down while not compromising the scans content.

Attachments

• Snapshot 2006-02-25 15-03-00.jpg
    Snapshot 2006-02-25 15-03-00.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 124
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 94

pknz

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
Ngarr! How dare they. Its some crapped up old P3, it even states next to it that it comes with XP Preloaded. How dare they.

maestro55

macrumors 68030
Nov 13, 2005
Goat Farm in Meridian, TX
leftbanke7 said:
You should buy one, start it up, see that it looks NOTHING like the ad and then sue them.

That'll learn them.

I second that, it might not do any good, but it would do more than boycotting them, because I doubt you will get others to want to join the boycott for such a reason.

Timepass

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2005
I hate seeing computer adveritised like that. It adds to a huge part of the problem with windows computers out there. Since people who buy them are only looking for cheapest thing they can find for a computer thinking it can do everything they need.

It pretty rear to people who know about computer to buy them but yes some us do for a cheap computer to fill a need for certain things. (Like useful for some computer work out side and we are not risking our more expisive computer is one example or as a friend of mine did with a junker was using it for a project for a class so his main laptop could be used for doing the main work).

They lack the basic needs for a computer to work well on the web or anything else and then people expect them to be great. Sorry to many arguments on why windows sucks and so on come based off those computers. Now there are plenty of arguments that I agree with that are based on better grounds but ones based on these peice of junk is just not right. It like when people base the reasoning that mac suck based on 5+ year old macs and comparing them to a much more modern computer. Sorry got tick off at a friend of mine who was over at my house using the family 5 year old gateway and was having some problems with things not working right and saying how much better macs where compared to it that and it some hardware is starting to wear out and having issues. My only answer was the computer is over 5 years old so of course there going to be problems. Oh where was I... Oh yeah this dirt cheap computers are basicly 5 years old so it just not a fair way to base PC off of. They will not be able to run Vista at all.

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
haha chill out and look at this way.

The graphic artist working on that ad was probably very, very bored that day, chances are they are working a mac and they figured they'd stick their own subtle stab at windows in there.

Yeah, it's a little mis-leading to the consumer, but when your building the same ad 15 times at slightly different sizes you gotta find a new way to amuse yourself.

I once did a graphic featuring a stack of newspapers and I put a message on one off the covers about how my boss should go f...well you get the picture.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.