Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

desertwoman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2012
My boyfriend recently told me I'd better "be careful" because he could see all my iPhone 4 texts. He then proceeded to show me them on his iPhone. He also commented on some of my gmail messages (received on both iPhone and computer). This, obviously, is a privacy nightmare!

How is he doing this and how do I cut off his access?

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California
Change your passwords as people have suggested earlier. Although -- it strikes me as kind of odd that he was so comfortable to confront you on the fact that he's been snooping around on your user accounts!

Baggio

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
My boyfriend recently told me I'd better "be careful" because he could see all my iPhone 4 texts. He then proceeded to show me them on his iPhone. He also commented on some of my gmail messages (received on both iPhone and computer). This, obviously, is a privacy nightmare!

Obviously, you are doing something you are not supposed to be doing. :p

Change your password for gmail. If he is seeing your text messages, you must have iMessage setup on the same apple account that he is using as well. I would suggest getting a new apple ID.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011

Find a new boyfriend, this is unhealthy. ASAP.

That's like unforgiveable.

Change all your passwords, get a nerd friend to help you.

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2012

Maybe he has the password to your icloud account and is using it on his phone when he wants to snoop? Change the passwords on all your accounts like others have suggested.

Dump him. That probably is a huge sign of things to come if you stay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.