Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

simay31

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2007
hi umm can anyone help with my problem?
i want to ask this guy to a birthday party because u need dates but i want to do it in the most un-awkward way..and i dont know how that is..
help?:confused:

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2004
scenario uno:

you: hi.. um, well i was kinda sorta' wonderin' if you wanted to um.. go to a birthday party with me. i think it would beeE pretty cool.. and um.. ya

him: pfft, heh.. no

scenario dos:

you: hey you know so and so's bday is comin' up right? *gently smacks his shoulder*

him: heh, no didn't know *smirks*

you: well hey its on such and such date, lets go yeah?

him: *winces* k

just some thoughts.. :rolleyes:

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
Deep breath.. then GO FOR IT!

So you'll be hesitant and a little embarrassed for a few seconds, but what's the worst that can happen?

Although the climate in the US tends to tell us that men need to do the asking, I've gone for it on more than occasion. While it does suck to get shot down.. 2x in a row... (grr), I feel better that I'm a strong, confident, modern woman.

Go for it! :)

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
the title of this thread needs completion

250px-BoysAreStupid.jpg

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
Listen to Katie...she knows what she's talking about. ;)

No I don't, but don't let that stop you from going for it. :D

Deep breath... close the eyes.. "hey, ((name of young man)), wanna go to ((whoever's whatever))?"

Just remember to smell good and comb your hair. Works like magic for me.

orangemacapple

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2006
Raleigh
there probably isn't an un-awkward way to do it.

try it without sounding coy. practice it a couple times in front of a mirror. something quick and to the point like:
"I need a date for a birthday party. The ball's in your court"

then he's on the spot. if he says no, just say "ok", turn and walk away without looking back. then go ask the next guy.

furious

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2006
Australia
First buy a plane ticket to Siberia (that way if rejected you can recover in the seclusion of white).

Then walk nhey strut up to him and declare George Bush a great man (this will show him you have a sense of humour).

Then while he is keeled over laugh shove a large sack over his head (this will show him he is your number one).

Push him in the back of a black van.

Drive him to the water tower.

Ask him to the party.

If rejected use the plane ticket.

Hope that helps.

p.s. I have used this technique with great success.

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
First buy a plane ticket to Siberia (that way if rejected you can recover in the seclusion of white).

Then walk nhey strut up to him and declare George Bush a great man (this will show him you have a sense of humour).

Then while he is keeled over laugh shove a large sack over his head (this will show him he is your number one).

Push him in the back of a black van.

Drive him to the water tower.

Ask him to the party.

If rejected use the plane ticket.

Hope that helps.

p.s. I have used this technique with great success.

Yeah I can't imagine how that could possibly fail.:rolleyes: :D

macmama

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2006
New Jersey
A birthday party you need dates for?! Sheesh, I'm getting old (and I'm frankly kinda glad).

Honesty is the best policy. "Hey, so I was invited to So-and-So's birthday party, and even though it's kind of random, we're supposed to bring someone along with us. Wanna go?"

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
It was always flattering to me, being asked out by a girl. I was happy to say yes most times, since I'm shy (was) anyhow. Go for it, Be casual, like it's no big deal; just "wanna go to a b-day party with me? I need a date."

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
hi umm can anyone help with my problem?
i want to ask this guy to a birthday party because u need dates but i want to do it in the most un-awkward way..and i dont know how that is..
help?:confused:
There is no un-awkward way. :)

But... as mentioned... listen to KT. Confidence - even if it's faked - works wonders. And guys love to be asked out... it's just that we rarely are. Does it mean he'll definitely say yes? No... but it'd be no fun if you knew the answer ahead if time.

You'll be fine. I think the direct approach is better than spending twenty minutes, clearly wanting to ask something, before you ask. ;)

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level

thats not cool. i dont consider myself stupid lol. girls though.... haha

yea you ladies dont know how intimidating it is to ask one of you out. The op is a rare breed in that she is asking the guy.

i for once would like to get ask instead of stressing about if its the right moment for me to ask. as much as i have done it, it never gets any easier.

so my advice is dont make a big deal out of it and just do it. easy to say hard to do

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
i would love it if a girl asked me out. it's nice to be asked out - think about how you feel when you get asked out. it's a great feeling. no really. it is. think about it.

like everyone else has said, it will likely be awkward but that will only last as long as it takes you to ask.

b0tt094

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2006
i would love it if a girl asked me out. it's nice to be asked out - think about how you feel when you get asked out. it's a great feeling. no really. it is. think about it.

like everyone else has said, it will likely be awkward but that will only last as long as it takes you to ask.

Finally some one says it... Its the hardest thing to do (next to letting someone go). Ive been asked out once and it was nice... but everyone else i have dated I asked them out, and god damn it is scary ****, but most of the time it is worth it:cool:

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
simay31, are you an alt account?

Its just that I'm surprised that your first post in a macintosh rumor forum is to start a thread about how to ask a boy out. No offense if this isn't true, but to me this reeks of another member playing a joke on those who would take this thread seriously.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
simay31, are you an alt account?

Its just that I'm surprised that your first post in a macintosh rumor forum is to start a thread about how to ask a boy out. No offense if this isn't true, but to me this reeks of another member playing a joke on those who would take this thread seriously.

I noticed that too, but figured that anyone that had spent any time on MR would know that registering two names is against the rules and would get them banned. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.