Bracketing without moving the camera

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Eauboy, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Eauboy macrumors regular

Eauboy

My D80 has can bracket three shots, which means using a tripod and my wireless release I can get a decent range (without touching the camera) for HDR photography.

But what if I want more than three exposures? How are those of you who do multiple exposures managing not to move the camera when you change exposure settings?

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

Can't Photoshop align layers now in CS3? I tried it held held without a tripod and it seemd to work. It works well and it's automatic.

But it you have a sturdy tripod moving the command dial a few clicks shouldn't move the camera. If the tripod is really light and moves try hanging a weight between the legs. A bag of rocks, backback or what ever you have.

3. compuwar macrumors 601

compuwar

If your tripod moves when you change the shutter speed, you don't have a sturdy enough tripod. You're paying the price for small, light and cheap. However most software that does HDR will re-align the images if necessary.

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Do you mean your D80 doesn't allow for 5 photo bracketing, and only allows for 3 photo brackets? If that's the case, and if that's the problem you're having, you may be out of luck. :eek: With your tripod, try taking 3 bracketed photos, change the shutter speed 2 stops worth, and taking another 3 photos.

Either that or take 3 bracketed photos in RAW format, and edit 2 copies of the RAW files to produce 2 new photos. That way, you'll have your 3 originals, and 2 new photos you produced by adjusting the exposure on your originals.