Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dmaynard83

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
Anyone considering between the 2?

I don't really like the way the airpods look, but im sure the quality is probably going to be better then bragi going by the reviews of the bragi dash.

gorkt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2007
I am debating this, as well as potentially waiting for the Beats X later this year. I don't like the look of the airpods, and the BeatsX will have the W1 chip for good connectivity plus 8 hours of play time and 2 hours for 5 minutes of charge time. They also look more like traditional headphones and have physical controls plus the wire between them so they don't get lost as easy.

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/M...da5301c70dc825c3c055a9213f0bb9052011972048766

Dmaynard83

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
I am debating this, as well as potentially waiting for the Beats X later this year. I don't like the look of the airpods, and the BeatsX will have the W1 chip for good connectivity plus 8 hours of play time and 2 hours for 5 minutes of charge time. They also look more like traditional headphones and have physical controls plus the wire between them so they don't get lost as easy.

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/M...da5301c70dc825c3c055a9213f0bb9052011972048766
I like the no wires on the bragi and airpods tho. I have some jaybirds but been waiting for something like the airpods for awhile.

UltraZ33

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
I might do the Bragi "the headphones" really don't plan on swimming with it or any of the health monitoring features. I just want music and being able to hear the GPS through the headphones

bmacir

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2009
I don't like Bragi because they don't work if you have your iPhone in your pants pockets!

In order to use them you must hold your phone in your hands or close to your ears!

Any time your iPhone is more than a few feet from your ears, or pants pockets, they work poorly - or don't work at all - especially in your left pants pocket. Bragi even acknowledges it on their site and are ok with it: see here.

Plus I found the DASH very uncomfortable.

I hope BeatsX or AirPods work better, because otherwise they are unusable to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: jwsmiths

hulkki

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
I don't like Bragi because they don't work if you have your iPhone in your pants pockets!

In order to use them you must hold your phone in your hands or close to your ears!

Any time your iPhone is more than a few feet from your ears, or pants pockets, they work poorly - or don't work at all - especially in your left pants pocket. Bragi even acknowledges it on their site and are ok with it: see here.

Plus I found the DASH very uncomfortable.

I hope BeatsX or AirPods work better, because otherwise they are unusable to me.

Didn't they improve wireless connectivity with the release of The Headphones? Guess we won't know for sure until we get some reviews.

I also don't like the looks of Airpods. If only Apple would have made Bragi style looking headphones with black color and would toss my money right away.

ranxoren

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2010
Didn't they improve wireless connectivity with the release of The Headphones? Guess we won't know for sure until we get some reviews.

I also don't like the looks of Airpods. If only Apple would have made Bragi style looking headphones with black color and would toss my money right away.

I ordered a pair of Bragi Dash yesterday after reading that v2.0.1 made a world of difference.
They arrived a few hours later (gotta love Amazon same day delivery) and I gave them a proper test.

I can walk away from them and into my bedroom and close the door and connection stays ON without a hitch. I'd say about 15ft from your phone with a door closed.

hulkki

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
I ordered a pair of Bragi Dash yesterday after reading that v2.0.1 made a world of difference.
They arrived a few hours later (gotta love Amazon same day delivery) and I gave them a proper test.

I can walk away from them and into my bedroom and close the door and connection stays ON without a hitch. I'd say about 15ft from your phone with a door closed.

Okay, nice to hear. Do they stay in ear? While running? How is the fit? How about sound isolation?

ranxoren

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2010
Okay, nice to hear. Do they stay in ear? While running? How is the fit? How about sound isolation?

I tried shaking my head, running and jumping around and they stayed on securely.

Sound is really good and the "enhance surroundings" function (forgot what it's called) when you're not playing anything is awesome.

thedru13

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
I have been waiting for wireless buds for a while. Wasn't sold on the Bragi ones due to some issues they have had. I pre ordered Kanoa when they were a kickstarter. Fingers crossed they actually ship end of this month.
https://www.getkanoa.com/

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
does he new bragi dash have any type of sweat proofing?

When I workout I've killed at least 2 "cheap" pairs of Bluetooth buds claiming to be sweat proof(I sweat a lot).

Only after coughing up a few extra dollars on jaybirds did I find a pair that actually was sweat proof.

Mac 128

macrumors 603
Apr 16, 2015
Bragg takes 2 hours to charge the full 6. AirPods take 15 minutes to charge 3, so I assume 25-30 for the full 5?

ranxoren

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2010
does he new bragi dash have any type of sweat proofing?

When I workout I've killed at least 2 "cheap" pairs of Bluetooth buds claiming to be sweat proof(I sweat a lot).

Only after coughing up a few extra dollars on jaybirds did I find a pair that actually was sweat proof.

The bragi dash is waterproof so I'm assuming it'd be sweat proof too?

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
A did some research and there seems to be other alternatives out there or are the Bragi Dash the ones to beat at this point for the dollar paid?

I am prepared to spend $150, I rather not go any higher to tell the truth (the other alternatives I researched are more costly) if I do find the Air Pods to my liking.

thedru13

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
A did some research and there seems to be other alternatives out there or are the Bragi Dash the ones to beat at this point for the dollar paid?

Hard to say since a good portion of wireless earbuds have yet to be released. On paper bragi and Kanoa seem to front runners

Dmaynard83

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012

Does it work well outside? I heard the way it works is it bounces the signal off walls similar to hearing aids; so if there isn't any walls or surfaces nearby to bounce off it loses BT connection.

Payton34

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
Chicago, IL
I just ordered the Bragi Dash and I should have them any day. I’ll give my review once I get them. They look amazing and have a software update (2.1) which is supposed to cure some of the issues the original software version had. In my opinion they look THE best of all wireless earbuds.

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011

I am prepared to spend $150, I rather not go any higher to tell the truth (the other alternatives I researched are more costly) if I do find the Air Pods to my liking.

I think of you pre order the Bragi dash earphones right now you can get them for $119

Reactions: AppleRobert

Stevek3670

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2016
I think of you pre order the Bragi dash earphones right now you can get them for $119

I'm also leaning towards bragi. The Apple airpods just doesn't do it for me in terms of looks. Additionally, correct me if I'm wrong, but the only way to change volume with airpods is through hey Siri or pulling out your phone??!

I think airpods only have tap to activate Siri and take phone calls. What a disappointment.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I'm curious though about the Samsung IconX but at even a higher price I'm not even going to bother. I am not sure they would even work with Apple stuff.

Dmaynard83

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
I'm also leaning towards bragi. The Apple airpods just doesn't do it for me in terms of looks. Additionally, correct me if I'm wrong, but the only way to change volume with airpods is through hey Siri or pulling out your phone??!

I think airpods only have tap to activate Siri and take phone calls. What a disappointment.

I'm only hoping we're missing something that will make the airpods a new and innovative way to listen. Also wondering if Siri will now work offline on the airpods to make it faster to respond.

Everyone is saying the lack of volume controls on the airpods is dissapointing but I don't see anyone at the demo say they hate them.

bmacir

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2009

Do they work while phone is in your pocket?

bhayes444

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2013
Bragg takes 2 hours to charge the full 6. AirPods take 15 minutes to charge 3, so I assume 25-30 for the full 5?
I would assume you will need longer for the full charge as most batteries can charge fairly quickly for the first 60% or so, and then start slowing down. I'd guess 45-60 minutes for a full charge.

The Bragi "The Headphones" are the ones you are referring to for $149; currently on preorder for $119. The Dash is $299.

As Candurin noted above, that promotion is for the Bragi "The Headphones" model, which lack the touch sensor controls (opting for physical controls instead), the health sensors, and the charging case among other things. The Bragi Dash are $299.

*edited for some clarity

Last edited:

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
I'm curious though about the Samsung IconX but at even a higher price I'm not even going to bother. I am not sure they would even work with Apple stuff.
They don't have the best reviews on Amazon either.
[doublepost=1473521315][/doublepost]
As Candurin noted above, those are for the Bragi "The Headphones" model, which lack the touch controls (in place of physical controls), the health sensors, and the charging case. The Bragi Dash are $299.

The headphones don't have any controls? Do you know if they're sweat proof also? The description on the site isn't very detailed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.