Brand new 13" rMBP memory and screen issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by biglipps66, Jan 7, 2014.

1. biglipps66 macrumors member

Ive read the threads and have seen the videos...

Brand new out of the box rMBP has screen shaking issues so bad I cant even scroll through MS Word, let alone try to browse the web somewhere :mad:

To make it even worse I just booted up to post this and memory used is sitting at 7.25gb with 761mb FREE :confused::eek:

Ive had Macs my whole life and I can honestly say WTF to this one? Has anyone seen such issues right out of the darn box!?

2. blooperz macrumors 6502

Not sure about the screen issues, haven't heard of anyone having that issue with the new rmbp, but your memory usage doesn't sound abnormal. Hard to tell without more info but I'd be willing to bet most of the memory 'used' is being utilized for file caching and the actual app memory in use is probably much lower than 7.25. Check the numbers on the right in activity monitor, it should give you a better idea of what is happening to your memory. I regularly hit 10+ gigs of memory in use due to file caching in mavericks. It shouldn't really have an impact on your system performance though, so I wouldn't worry about it unless it's actually crippling your system.

3. biglipps66 thread starter macrumors member

No doubt.. those numbers were right from boot up though. No issues on my MBAir model, very strange. First Mac Ive ever had a problem with really. Ill definitely have to take this one in, its driving my eyeballs crazy :eek: