Brand new 13" Weird Graphics Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by surfologist, Mar 7, 2013.

1. surfologist macrumors newbie

I just got a brand new 13" mbp within the last few weeks. I have noticed it isnt as smooth as my 2010..and it concerns me.

One problem that just happened was with the graphics and i do not know exactly what it is or exactly how to explain it so i will do my best. Tried searching, but not knowing what it was made that difficult.

Last night i logged in to my user account and the login screen remained. As i moved my mouse over windows, dock icons, status bar icons, they appeared and then went away. Windows were half black and half normal, some would come and go. It was odd and only thing i could do was restart. I will upload a screenshot of what i had, and would someone please let me know what the problem is and what i should do.

Like i said, this is brand new and i havent really done very much to the computer other than browse the internet so far.

Attached Files:

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

I don't have a MBP but i've seen it on Windows PC and it usually is a driver issue and not hardware related i.e. hardware problem. I would contact Apple support. You could run diagnostics and test the video card.

3. kdoug macrumors 6502a

kdoug

This happened occasionally on my 15" rMBP, I believe it's called screen corruption. It usually happened when it sat for a while and the screensaver kicked in. When it happens, everything on the desktop including the pointer slows to a crawl. Logging out and back in will correct it.