Brand New 6s Plus and Battery Life is Terrible

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by laffnvegas, Nov 22, 2015.

1. laffnvegas macrumors regular

laffnvegas

Is any one else having terrible battery Life? I have had a 6 plus 64 since last October and decided to Upgrade to the 6s plus 64. On a normal work day with my 6 plus the end of the day I would have about 25 to 30% remaining weekends I could actually go two days with out charging So felt I was doing quite good. OK new phone same stuff on it same 64 only thing new is it is an s. No new apps and all programs are closed down. It had a full charge when I got it at 6pm last night by 9 pm I had only 18%. Ok it is brand new, I was playing with it and attempting to Pair up my watch.
    Today I have used it this morning with taking several tries to pair the watch which I was finally able to do but realized I was down to only 35% remaining which I thought was odd so placed on charger. Did not take long to charge up. It has been sitting on my desk all day only used it for three posts on facebook earlier, then did a 30 minute call and I just checked it and I am down to 28%?????? This is crazy I will need to charge it up two to three times a day at this rate.
    This cannot possibly be a good thing. :eek::(:confused:

2. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Something is amiss. Did you install a backup? Have you tried a reset all settings and then toggled everything in the menus back how you like it?

3. convergent macrumors 68000

convergent

After the first couple of days (loading, updating, settling) if this is happening, then there is something wrong with it. My 6s Plus gets the best battery life of any phone I've ever owned.

4. laffnvegas thread starter macrumors regular

laffnvegas

OK I have found some of the other threads, and have done everything they say but I can just watch the percentage and see it drop. And YES the phone is very hot all of the time. I am guessing I need to take it back into Verizon.

5. laffnvegas thread starter macrumors regular

laffnvegas

Yes I have done all of this, one thing I have not done is turn off Bluetooth because I believe I need that on for my iWatch. I want my old 6 plus back that I could go forever on. I am off work Tuesday so will see what it does tomorrow but will bring my charger to work with me But think there is definitely something wrong.

6. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

1) check your battery usage..and see where it is being used the most.
    2) recalibrate it (meaning drain the battery out and recharge)
    3) go to apple store and talk to genius.

7. laffnvegas thread starter macrumors regular

laffnvegas

Well I am very close to draining it now so that will not be a problem interesting it is actually my watch that is using the most ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448247987.142218.jpg

8. aKansasKid macrumors regular

The 21% Low Signal entry means (to me) that your phone is spending a lot of time trying to acquire a cellular signal. Is it possible you have a Verizon tower down that you normally connect to? Between this and the new watch, I think you've explained the difference from your old phone.

9. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

The FB app eats my battery up but oddly enough not consistently so. Some days it's more aggressive than others and I don't know why. I've got it locked down as much as I can. No notifications or background stuff permitted. I don't get the best battery life compared to my iPhone 6Plus but then I never liked or used my 6Plus as much as I use my 6S Plus.

But the thing that did used to eat my IPhone 6 Plus battery fast was poor signal strength. I'm a stay-at-home mom and when we first moved out here to the country we had low signal strength here at the house. My husband has the same model phone and he'd come back after a full work day with 40% battery capacity left, minimum, and I'd be down to 18% after just doing texts here and there and taking pics and making a few calls. Nothing compared to the workout he was giving his phone--I wasn't even really using the FB app much at that time. Then they upgraded or added a cell tower and my signal strength went from 2-3 dots to 4 and my battery life became more comparable to what my husband was getting after a day in the city.

I have the Apple Watch, too. I've never noticed it affecting my battery. My husband had his watch and phone drain fast in tandem a couple of times.

10. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

You think wi-fi calling work?

11. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

Yeah...watch and phone. Hmm...you might want to setup wi-fi calling. It's free. By the way..i like blitz game :p

12. laffnvegas thread starter macrumors regular

laffnvegas

My Watch is not new, got that the first of June, as a matter of fact once I got it with my previous 6 plus my battery lasted even longer. So not sure why the watch would suddenly be taking up so much battery it definitely never did before. The phone has been on wifi all day and the signal is strong definitely no problems with my ipad or my work iPhone.
    Well the phone has totally drained the battery now. so I will place it on the charger and see what happens if not on Tuesday I will either head to the Apple store or to Verizon. Thinking I might be better off making an appointment with the genius bar rather than going to Verizon. I have had more iphones than I can count and never have had a battery problem so this has had be baffled.

Thanks for everyone's help :)

13. laffnvegas thread starter macrumors regular

laffnvegas

Unfortunately Verizon does not offer wifi calling as of yet. .... yeah blitz is pretty addictive ;-)

14. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

Well I know you weren't the only forum member to report a fast draining battery. The few others I saw did an exchange. Sorry you're having problems with it.

I can't accurately compare between my 6 plus and my 6S plus because I went from rarely using my iPhone to using it a lot.

15. laffnvegas thread starter macrumors regular

laffnvegas

Well just as an update, draining the battery was no help, today I have had to charge the phone twice and now actually just keeping it plugged in and it won't go over 48% the other thing I noticed is the data has already exceeded what I use in a normal month with the cycle having just started on Saturday. I have been on wifi the whole time with the exception of the 10 minute drive to work. I am heading right to Verizon after work. This is absolutely crazy.

16. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

17. JoeyD74 macrumors 6502

Is your wifi assist on? That may account for the data but the battery is not right.

18. laffnvegas thread starter macrumors regular

laffnvegas

Just to give an update, went to Verizon tonight after work and they totally replaced the phone. They agreed the batter was definitely a problem and in just 5 minutes time they saw the percentage drop 8%. The wifi assist was on but they also agreed that there was a lot used in a short period of time that made no sense. Thanks for everyone's help, now hoping this new one has no problems :)

19. convergent macrumors 68000

convergent

20. KingOfStuff macrumors member

KingOfStuff

i just got a 6s 128gb late october. pretty much exact issue you are having. only i dont even have to use my phone for the battery to drain. it was perfectly fine for a few weeks after i got. then i noticed it was draining rather quickly during the day. 60% of very light usage. then one night. i was going to a friends house. before going i charged my phone to 100%. before going to bed that night i used my phone just a a few times for a few minutes of instagram and maybe vine. i looked at my phone and itwas at 92% when i set it down to sleep. i wake up and it was at 32%!! SERIOUSLY?? i'v had every new gen of iphones since the first and i know what settings need to be set and knew something was up. i decided to do a fresh install of ios and restored my apps and photos and whatnot. presto! it was fixed. purposefully used my phone to 92% battery again one night and went to sleep. woke up and it was at 90%. i never put my phone in low battery mode btw.

phone has been running fine since. but im skeptical....

21. laffnvegas thread starter macrumors regular

laffnvegas

Glad yours went back to normal with that fix. I have to say with having mine replaced I love my 6s plus. I have been using mine for about 2 hours checking email and still setting at 100% I am only using about 45 to 60% on a day at the most, so slightly better than my 6 plus.
    I am enjoying some of the new features on the s plus love the speed

22. laffnvegas thread starter macrumors regular

laffnvegas

Glad yours went back to normal with that fix. I have to say with having mine replaced I love my 6s plus. I have been using mine for about 2 hours checking email and still setting at 100% I am only using about 45 to 60% on a day at the most, so slightly better than my 6 plus.
    I am enjoying some of the new features on the s plus love the speed

23. hdthu macrumors member

24. appledefenceforce macrumors 6502

appledefenceforce

Coming from an iPhone 6 plus 128 I have to say the battery on the 6s Plus is worse than how the 6 plus was in the beginning. Keep in mind I started fresh without restore and backup, turned off everything I didn't have on on my 6 plus and have battery saving mode on all the time. Looks like that 200mah reduced in battery size really did take a toll on it.