Brand New 7 Plus is Dead..

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Ds6778, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Ds6778 macrumors 6502

Ds6778

So I got this phone about three days ago, 7 Plus 256. Ive been using betas and am extremely familiar with iTunes, recovery mode, DFU mode, IPSW files etc. I was on IOS 11, and decided to go back to 10.3.2. I noticed that during the restore process, the top portion of the screen had weird glitches and lines and was flickering. It ended up going away and my phone seemed fine but when going through the setup process it started happening again. I figured it was a software thing so I restored again. Everything seemed fine but would randomly glitch out every now and again. So I when I got home, I went into recovery mode and now it only boots up into a black screen. Ive tried 3 different lighting cables, I have restarted my Mac five times, tried every port possible, every dongle possible etc.... The Mac recognizes the iPhone and will restore it just fine, but it always boots into a black screen. I can hear it ring, Taptic Engine works etc. Ive had a dozen iPhone and iPads and have never seen anything like this. Usually iTunes can fix any issues you're having. Good thing I have my S8+ laying around lol Guess ill be going to the Apple store today or tomorrow.

2. nieks macrumors regular

nieks

Sounds like a hardware problem, not a software problem. Almost as if some internal screen connectors aren't properly connected.