Brand new and already have an issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JefferyLebowski, Sep 25, 2008.

1. JefferyLebowski macrumors newbie

just got a new 32gb touch from the mac store and have noticed the time and date keep changing on me randomly throughout the day.is this a known issue?

2. TodVader macrumors 6502a

TodVader

3. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

it's been issued for a long time since 4th Gen. ipod had came out in the market. what funny thing is that it is happened on windows many times. on the mac, it occurred sometimes. now, solution? as far as I know, there is no solution if Apple doesn't fix that.

4. nohite macrumors member

I am having exactly the same issue. I have a new 32gb touch 2G. The time keeps changing on me. It keeps going back to Wednesday Sep 24th.

5. ejbenjamin macrumors member

Dudes, I have the same issue. The clock on my iPod Touch periodically increments by one minute. It seems to happen every sixty seconds or so.

6. nohite macrumors member

I found a solution and it's working fine for me now. You need to go into iTunes Edit-Preferences-Devices, and delete the backup for you ipod. then EXIT iTunes and then sync with your ipod again, time will be corrected based on the time of your computer.

7. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

I know! Mine even switches from 12:59 to 1:00 for no reason! Stupid Apple...